ICE For My Hyundai Santro GS

Thread Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum. It has been a knowledge bank of ICE and I have gained soo much from reading other people's post.
Well here's my request I own a Santro GS the old model (not Xing)
The ICE in my car is around 9 years old and really sucks (didnt bother about it since i started driving recently)
Myself being a music freak have finally decided to install a pretty good ICE

Car - Santro GS the old model (not Xing)
My budget - 20k
Music Preference - Trance, House and some bollywood stuff

My current system has the following
Pioneer HU (don't remember the model) - Decided to get rid of it a buy new one
Front set of speakers came along with the car (sounds real crappy) [frustration]
Rear - Sony Xplod Co-axial in the boot with a custom made box

My requirements
HU - USB playback, support for iPhone and iPod, Aux-in, Bluetooth (I have no interest in a CD/VCD/DVD reader. Is there any HU

without this? I never came across one. If it is available maybe i could save some bucks!)
I am a bass freak so would like to have a SUB

Some doubts
1) the santro has a set of speaker box at the front. Should i use that in the future or go for door mounting?
2) for the rear setup is it better to have the speakers in the tray or the door?
3) should i retain the sony xplod coaxial? are they any good?

4) the santro has provision for 1-Din HU only, can i modify it to fit a 2-Din HU? Is it any good to go for 2-Din?

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the help [clap]

Re: ICE for my Santro GS

4) the santro has provision for 1-Din HU only, can i modify it to fit a 2-Din HU? Is it any good to go for 2-Din?
well guys i also want to know this..is it possible to convert 1 din to 2 din?? i hope yes!

You cannot have 2-Din player in Santro. Even I tried for the same but in van.
For you below is the ICE I'm using for about a year & is totally satisfied. This will cost you around 145K max & no need to change / cut the car to fit the speakers. (Hope you have a parcel tray at rear.

Head Unit - sony cdx-gt494u
Rear Speakers - jbl gt5-s396
Front Speakers - sony xplod xs-gtf10262

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for your suggestion sir!
But the HU you recommended doesnt meet my requirements that is it doesn't have support for iPhone and iPod and also the bluetooth connectivity.

I was wondering about the digital media receiver HU instead, anyhow i don't seem to have any requirement for the CD/DVD readers. This might even save me some few bucks, so that i can invest on the speakers. Anybody have any experience with the digital media receivers?

Pioneer head unit DEH-7350BT
and my pick will be KD-R826BT from jvc.

You could not fix double din player in the santro.

Front a 4 incher from jbl . else a 6 incher from jbl in door pad with custom made fibre glass enclosure [will affect your budget badly.so rule out ]

rear make a parcel tray and fix 6x9 from jbl .

sub/amp ruled out from this budget and this will satisfy you.

cheers !

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Ilango
I have been doing my part of research about this ICE world considering budget.
Here's what I've learned.

1) Spending on a quality HU is always worth! so i shortlisted some giving preference to HU, could you help me choose the best among these?
Kenwood 7046BT, JVC KD-R926BT and Pioneer DEH-7350BT (the one which you suggested)
Can I get comments on the quality and the best among these?

2) Component speakers are at the best only with an amp because the power out from the HU only powers around 15% of the rated power of speakers.

I don't know much about the components but here's my shortlisted ones
Infinity Ref6530 cs or Morel Maximos 6.5"
If there are better ones in this range please advise me of the same.

3) As per Component speakers requirement of an AMP i thought of getting one and postpone the subwoofer as my next upgrade.
How are these as amps? Auditor RIP 4280 OR Kenwood KAC-M845.
If there are better ones at the same price range would love to hear from you

4) The rear speakers in a small hatchback such as santro wouldn't play a big part! It is used as a room fill. It is enough if these speakers are directly powered from the HU
So I have been wondering what if i use the xplod speakers that i already have!
I couldn't find the exact model number of them but it does look very similar to the one in the picture. But the thing is I am having a pair of only small speakers at the right! So will those be any good?

Attachments

Thanks for the reply Ilango

Welcome
I have been doing my part of research about this ICE world considering budget.
Here's what I've learned.

1) Spending on a quality HU is always worth! so i shortlisted some giving preference to HU, could you help me choose the best among these?
Kenwood 7046BT, JVC KD-R926BT and Pioneer DEH-7350BT (the one which you suggested)
Can I get comments on the quality and the best among these?

JVC KD-R926BT - good volt pre out , best of 2

2) Component speakers are at the best only with an amp because the power out from the HU only powers around 15% of the rated power of speakers.

I don't know much about the components but here's my shortlisted ones
Infinity Ref6530 cs or Morel Maximos 6.5"
If there are better ones in this range please advise me of the same.
Helix 6.5 incher , damn good mid bass , next is hertz 6.5 energy 165. But where in santro do you fix them??

3) As per Component speakers requirement of an AMP i thought of getting one and postpone the subwoofer as my next upgrade.
How are these as amps? Auditor RIP 4280 OR Kenwood KAC-M845.
If there are better ones at the same price range would love to hear from you
A 2 channel , else a 4 channel now if you are to upgrade later on.

Auditor of the 2

4) The rear speakers in a small hatchback such as santro wouldn't play a big part! It is used as a room fill. It is enough if these speakers are directly powered from the HU
So I have been wondering what if i use the xplod speakers that i already have!
I couldn't find the exact model number of them but it does look very similar to the one in the picture. But the thing is I am having a pair of only small speakers at the right! So will those be any good?
Find my answers in bold.

and Santro has provision for 4 , 4 incher , that is as in the picture.

Apart from that anything that is to be fixed , need modification.

Thread Starter #8
Quality wise how do JVC HU compare against the kenwoods?
6.5" components sound better than the 4" ones right? Especially when it comes to mid-bass?
So thought of mounting the components on the door
Well Helix and Hertz are relatively costlier? I want to stick to a price of 5.5k (after discount) strictly for the comps
Which comps would you suggest for under 5.5k?

For AMP i don't want to exceed more than 6k. So is there any other worth considering?

HU - 11k
comps - 5.5k
AMP - 6k

It does exceed my 20k budget, but i think if the SQ is good i can do with it.

Top Bottom