ICE For Toyota Etios

Thread Starter #1
Dear ALL,

I have just purchased a Toyota Etios G version. Now, G doesn't come with a factory fitted music system, thank god, so it needs to be ICEd now.

Components Planned :
1. HU - As of now I am inclined towards JVC KW-XR816 for it's sheer list of features like - 2DIN, BT, 3 highvolt pre-outs, IPOD direct support, illuminations and so on..
budget : 12-13K

2. Front components - I guess Etios's standard size is 5 1/4 inch speakers. I am more inclined towards fitting in 6.5" components. Please suggest if this is doable without the midbass touching the doorpads when volumes go high. If 6.5" is not at all a possible sulution they I guess Infinity Reference REF5030CS would have to do the duty. Never heard them, are they good?
budget : 5-7K

3. Amplifier - A decent 4-channel amp would be nice. No plans to go mono. How are Bull audio amps? What other options do I have.
budget : 10K

4. Sub - A decent sub with approx 300RMS should be fine. I like my bass to be tight and crisp. The kind that is not heard much outside but can raise hairs inside. [evil]
budget : 5-6K

5. Rear coax - Etios has space cut-outs for coax in rear tray. Althought I prefer a total frontal soundstage but for fills rears would be added. Please suggest options?
budget : 2-3K

6. Wiring and Damping - Depending upon what is available at the installer at time of installation from dynamat to noisekill and from scoche to connection audison.
budget : 4-7K

Audio gurus, please pour in your suggestions.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #2
25 views and no replies.

ICE gurus, a non-ICEd Etios is calling, where are you all. [cry]

freakdude.

For the budget , polk momo sub must help
amp , select according to the spec in sub woofer. that is according to the watts.

4 channel , cervin wega/ rockffosgate.

wiring both connection audison and soche are good.
connection audison kits for 4 channel - arnd 3.5 to4.
connection audison speaker wires , a meter cost 100

Since you insist the midbass , helix! 6.5 inch. should go easily in door pads with some help of wooden rings

head unit , you have picked up a good one i suppose!

Thread Starter #6
Thanks ilango for the inputs.

one more thing, how are hertz energy and rainbow titan as compared to helix?

first congrats for Etios.

Components Planned :
1. HU - As of now I am inclined towards JVC KW-XR816 for it's sheer list of features like - 2DIN, BT, 3 highvolt pre-outs, IPOD direct support, illuminations and so on..
budget : 12-13K

dont go for JVC they dont have musical sound signature IMO, for SQ go for kenwood 7016 cost 12k and if you want looks or 2 din then a a pioneer 2din touch screen HU starts from 16k.

2. Front components - I guess Etios's standard size is 5 1/4 inch speakers. I am more inclined towards fitting in 6.5" components. Please suggest if this is doable without the midbass touching the doorpads when volumes go high. If 6.5" is not at all a possible sulution they I guess Infinity Reference REF5030CS would have to do the duty. Never heard them, are they good?
budget : 5-7K

yes Infinity Reference is a very good option in given budget most vfm.

3. Amplifier - A decent 4-channel amp would be nice. No plans to go mono. How are Bull audio amps? What other options do I have.
budget : 10K

have a look at focal solid 4 cost approx 12k incase you dont want to exceed your budget then auditor 4ch amp is best bet.

4. Sub - A decent sub with approx 300RMS should be fine. I like my bass to be tight and crisp. The kind that is not heard much outside but can raise hairs inside. [evil]
budget : 5-6K

have a look at Infinity Ref. 1260 sub.

5. Rear coax - Etios has space cut-outs for coax in rear tray. Althought I prefer a total frontal soundstage but for fills rears would be added. Please suggest options?
budget : 2-3K

you can go for Infinity REf. coaxial speakers.

6. Wiring and Damping - Depending upon what is available at the installer at time of installation from dynamat to noisekill and from scoche to connection audison.
budget : 4-7K

Audio gurus, please pour in your suggestions.

freakdude.

my answers are just below you questions.

Thread Starter #9
Friends,

Got the car ICEd on saturday. She sings damn well, will be starting a thread soon to share complete details.

Thanks to all.

freakdude.

I have an ICE in my Toyota ETIOS model V.
But when I contacted the dealer they refused that there is any speaker in the rear and also I came to know that in Toyota ETIOS the warranty gets void if you get it connected from outside other than dealer place.
Please be careful otherwise your warranty will get void and since Toyota ETIOS is designed on a new platform, the problems may creep in after some time in all likeliness.

I own ETIOS model V and I am not able to enjoy ICE as the noise from the road and engine creeps inside and irritates the driver and passengers. This can be attributed to the missing weather gaskets from all the 4 doors of my Toyota ETIOS.

My Toyota ETIOS creates noise and vibrations like tractor and the vibrations are so intense that the door shakes as if the woofer is making sound which I have not installed in my car. These vibrations are more prominent when the AC and blower is switched OFF and you are standing at signal light. At this time the vibrations and engine noise are more hear-able and the ICE fails at this time. Missing weather gaskets also allow dust, dirt, insects, lizards etc inside the Toyota ETIOS. And it is very embarrassing to see the pathetic line up of dirt at the rear doors when you invite any guest to be seated in your car.

ETIOS is a sedan for the customer who is buying sedan for the first time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
I have an ICE in my Toyota ETIOS model V.
But when I contacted the dealer they refused that there is any speaker in the rear and also I came to know that in Toyota ETIOS the warranty gets void if you get it connected from outside other than dealer place.
Please be careful otherwise your warranty will get void and since Toyota ETIOS is designed on a new platform, the problems may creep in after some time in all likeliness.

I own ETIOS model V and I am not able to enjoy ICE as the noise from the road and engine creeps inside and irritates the driver and passengers. This can be attributed to the missing weather gaskets from all the 4 doors of my Toyota ETIOS.

My Toyota ETIOS creates noise and vibrations like tractor and the vibrations are so intense that the door shakes as if the woofer is making sound which I have not installed in my car. These vibrations are more prominent when the AC and blower is switched OFF and you are standing at signal light. At this time the vibrations and engine noise are more hear-able and the ICE fails at this time. Missing weather gaskets also allow dust, dirt, insects, lizards etc inside the Toyota ETIOS. And it is very embarrassing to see the pathetic line up of dirt at the rear doors when you invite any guest to be seated in your car.

ETIOS is a sedan for the customer who is buying sedan for the first time.

Munish,

I have got my complete ICE done from outside without having a single cut in car's wiring. So warranty issues might not be in the picture.

Also, you seem to be so pissed off from your car that you are mentioning about the NVH and so called weather gasket in each and every thread (in responce to my ICE thread too [;)]). Chill brother. The car is seriously not that bad. Accept it's weaknesses and strengths. [cheers]

freakdude.

Munish,

I have got my complete ICE done from outside without having a single cut in car's wiring. So warranty issues might not be in the picture.

Also, you seem to be so pissed off from your car that you are mentioning about the NVH and so called weather gasket in each and every thread (in responce to my ICE thread too [;)]). Chill brother. The car is seriously not that bad. Accept it's weaknesses and strengths. [cheers]

freakdude.
You know why I mention NVH and weather gasket in every thread is for the basic reason that if Toyota Engineers would have supplied this weather gasket ( merely costing approx 4000 per car), then the overall Quality of Toyota ETIOS would have been enhanced. This weather gasket has so many features.
1) Sound Insulator - Prohibit noise from engine and road inside the passenger cabin. This is the reason why Nano is much silent for passengers and driver.
2) ICE- Any unwanted audio signal is called as Noise, thus by installing the weather gaskets the overall NVH of the vehicle could be enhanced. And this would have resulted in comfort, luxury and travel enjoyment.
3) Vibrations-These weather gaskets along with little dampers on the inside of the bonnet and the area below the dashboard would have resulted in a very quite Toyota ETIOS and it would have not been compared with Tractor or auto-rickshaw (which also does not have weather gasket)

For designing any car - Engineers ahve the following procedural commitments.
1) Use the best quality material available in the market.

2) Use the best technology.

3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.

4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.

5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.

Where is this commitment from Toyota Engineers.

It is our faith on Toyota brand that we have bought this vehicle and since we are facing these problems Toyota must address our issues.

Give me an honest reply that you have bought ETIOS or Toyota ETIOS?

Thread Starter #14
You know why I mention NVH and weather gasket in every thread is for the basic reason that if Toyota Engineers would have supplied this weather gasket ( merely costing approx 4000 per car), then the overall Quality of Toyota ETIOS would have been enhanced. This weather gasket has so many features.
1) Sound Insulator - Prohibit noise from engine and road inside the passenger cabin. This is the reason why Nano is much silent for passengers and driver.
2) ICE- Any unwanted audio signal is called as Noise, thus by installing the weather gaskets the overall NVH of the vehicle could be enhanced. And this would have resulted in comfort, luxury and travel enjoyment.
3) Vibrations-These weather gaskets along with little dampers on the inside of the bonnet and the area below the dashboard would have resulted in a very quite Toyota ETIOS and it would have not been compared with Tractor or auto-rickshaw (which also does not have weather gasket)

For designing any car - Engineers ahve the following procedural commitments.
1) Use the best quality material available in the market.

2) Use the best technology.

3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.

4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.

5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.

Where is this commitment from Toyota Engineers.

It is our faith on Toyota brand that we have bought this vehicle and since we are facing these problems Toyota must address our issues.

Give me an honest reply that you have bought ETIOS or Toyota ETIOS?

If you believe me....I have bought ETIOS.
Also, can we please keep this thread for discussions related to ETIOS ICE and not other things. :please:

freakdude.

If you believe me....I have bought ETIOS.
[clap] Nice, different perspectives. But I agree with you freakdude, car is good for what it costs. There are a few things missing but then which car has everything in this price range.

Congrats on the ICE setup, do share the details. I am looking to upgrade my old swift with new sound!

Top Bottom