Originally Posted by vinvar76
At last my ICE setup is done.....
HU: Pioneer DEH-3390UB
Front Components: JBL GT6-S266C
Rear Oval Speakers: Rockford Fosgate R1693
The sound quality has just been above what I wanted. I had the plans to get a 4 channel Amp but now I dont think I am gonna need this.... The ICE setup just rocks...
The overall setup has cost me 14100/- with B&W including MDF tray and installation.
Did you audition any other front components before deciding on S266? Moreover, are their any issues of lacking bass in S266c when just listening to front components (move fader all the way to front to test) ?
1) JBL-x333 and x555 have many issues which need to be considered before purchase.
- Both devices will not read tracks with their IDV3 Track no. > 255.
- Some users have reported unusually long read times
- No permanent clock display
- Poor daylight Visibility
- Hissing noise with amplifier installed. Whats the point of 3x 4V pre-outs when clarity is lacking.
- Custom settings are not remembered
Would rather recommend spending on JVC x-40 or Pioneer MVH-1490UB if you are on a tight budget. Both HUs are USB only and iPod compatible. But the 1490UB has only 1 pre-out, so ignore the HU if you plan on an Amp later.
Regarding speakers, auditioning is very important. Good components for front IMO
are Powerbass, RF, Infinity, Morel in ascending order of SQ and budget.
Rear ovals can be Rockford, Infinity, Illusion 693
Damping with PU and cotton is a cheap method for those on a budget. But damping is usually worth the money.