Basic ICE Configuration for Ritz

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have Ritz Vdi and looking for a basic setup of ICE within budget of 15K.

As per my investigation I have shortlisted some of the HU and speakers. Please let me know if I can go for this configuration and how much would it cost me with B&W in Bangalore.

The Shortlisted Items are

Head Unit:
Pioneer DEH-3390UB or Pioneer DEH-4390UB

Front Components:
Pioneer TS-D1720C or JBL GT6-S266C

Rear oval Speakers:
JBL GTO-948

I would also like to know if damping is required for front Doors and also if ampliier is needed. If yes which amp to go for? and how much would that cost.

Regards,
Vinay

I leave the models and suggestions to Ilango or any other ICE expert. I would say damping is not required for your setup. Yes amplifier can enhance the performance of the components a bit , go for JBL 2 channel amp should satisfy your needs.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Cooldhaya...

Ilango do you have any inputs for my ICE... I am getting the vehicle delivered in couple of days:help:

this is your best bet IMO.

HU- jbl X333 3.5k
front- any 6'' basic component speakers 4-4.5k
amp - kenwood 4ch amp - 5k
sub - jbl gt5-s12 (in sealed box) - 3.2k+ .8k
rest 1.5k for wiring.

Thread Starter #5
I am not looking for any Subwoofer. I just need a Headunit with CD and USB option with a component speakers in front and Oval speakers at back. Please let me know if the configuration mentioned above is fine or should I go for any other speakers.Budget constraint is 15K.

Thread Starter #6
At last my ICE setup is done.....

HU: Pioneer DEH-3390UB
Front Components: JBL GT6-S266C
Rear Oval Speakers: Rockford Fosgate R1693

The sound quality has just been above what I wanted. I had the plans to get a 4 channel Amp but now I dont think I am gonna need this.... The ICE setup just rocks...

The overall setup has cost me 14100/- with B&W including MDF tray and installation.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
All the Bass, Treble and Mid are simply Awesome in RF. They are just rocking my system.

For the whole evening I was just sitting inside my car and was listning to the songs

ICE for MY Ritzyy

hai guys, this is my first post in tai. ok.after along term of enqueries,searching on net. i have booked maruti ritz vdi (white). I am 6.2 ft tall.i believe my decision is right. Now am planning to ice-ing my ritz.space is always my priority,am not going for subwoofer. so guys without sub and amp what is the best performance iceing? also one doubt..if i set 400watts jbl speaker for rear in box,any amp is needed for the max performance? one acc. shoppe suggest me.

1) pioneer 149 HU or Alpine 117e (forget the serial num)
2) jbl 400 watts oval for rear with carpet box
3) jbl 280 watts 6inch or jbl 6inch round(?) for front door pad

my doubts follows..

1) is any amp needed for 400 watts max performance?
2) if we put 280 watts on door pad,any vibration will occur?which is very annoying to me....
3) if i set these speakers,the HU is enough for producing good music?

Last edited by a moderator:
what about this ICE package?
1)jbl x555
2)front rockford or hertz components
3)rear jbl 300watts oval in box with boot damping
Btw guys which is the wiring used for this settings? please replies

I have a JBL GTO limited Edition 400Watts three way oval speakers without amp and Im fine with it. I forgot the model, will check it and update you. I have JBL component in fron too with tweeters! I have JVC HU which has USB and AUX. The speakers alone costed me some 13.5K. I don't know my HU's price.
I did it in Bangalore.
Cheers,
Ram

At last my ICE setup is done.....

HU: Pioneer DEH-3390UB
Front Components: JBL GT6-S266C
Rear Oval Speakers: Rockford Fosgate R1693

The sound quality has just been above what I wanted. I had the plans to get a 4 channel Amp but now I dont think I am gonna need this.... The ICE setup just rocks...

The overall setup has cost me 14100/- with B&W including MDF tray and installation.
Did you audition any other front components before deciding on S266? Moreover, are their any issues of lacking bass in S266c when just listening to front components (move fader all the way to front to test) ?

#thebraiz:

1) JBL-x333 and x555 have many issues which need to be considered before purchase.
  • Both devices will not read tracks with their IDV3 Track no. > 255.
  • Some users have reported unusually long read times
  • No permanent clock display
  • Poor daylight Visibility
  • Hissing noise with amplifier installed. Whats the point of 3x 4V pre-outs when clarity is lacking.
  • Custom settings are not remembered

Would rather recommend spending on JVC x-40 or Pioneer MVH-1490UB if you are on a tight budget. Both HUs are USB only and iPod compatible. But the 1490UB has only 1 pre-out, so ignore the HU if you plan on an Amp later.

Regarding speakers, auditioning is very important. Good components for front IMO are Powerbass, RF, Infinity, Morel in ascending order of SQ and budget.

Rear ovals can be Rockford, Infinity, Illusion 693

Damping with PU and cotton is a cheap method for those on a budget. But damping is usually worth the money.

Top Bottom