New Maruti WagonR VXi: Advice on Adding SubWoofer & Tweeters To Onboard System

Thread Starter #1
Just booked a new WagonR VXi. I would like to know whether it is possible to add a subwoofer and tweeter to the existing Audio System that comes with VXi? I dont know of port availability if any for doing this. plz advice.

Would I require an extra amp or could I go for a passive subwoofer?

What about connecting 2 tweeters.

I have read not to go for Sony. Should I go for Pioneer or JVC or Panasonic brand?

What could be the approximate cost of adding a subwoofer + 2 tweeters + Amp (If required) to the VXi System?

Also is there an LCD system to which a reverse parking sensor could be connected, so that kids could watch DVD's and i could use it as a parking sensor

Last edited:
Re: New Maruti WagonR Vxi - Advice on adding a SubWoofer and Tweeters to onboard syst

hey buddy welcome to TAI and congrats for booking! well you can go for JVC and yea I think LCD can also be used as parking sensor screen..hope gurus can help more!!

Re: New Maruti WagonR Vxi - Advice on adding a SubWoofer and Tweeters to onboard syst

What is your budget first? If you are looking for a budget setup then yes what you have heard is right , avoid Sony! Go for JBL , they are pretty decent. Generally tweeters are given along with component speakers , i don't know whether they are available separately. I think the approximate cost of a subwoofer , an enclosure for the sub ,a 2channel amp along with wiring must cost around 10-12k(JBL brand).

For your last question you should buy a 2-DIN touch screen video HU. You can use it to play movies and also use it as a screen while reversing.

Thread Starter #4

Thank you for the advice...

Hope i make it clear

you need to add a sub woofer in stock headunit of wagon R

Yes , you need a amplifier for that. 2 channel amp is more than sufficient. Skilled electrician required to fix them , as there will be no rca cable to plug in directly.

Only entry levels can be used , investing in costly subwoofer is err waste of money.

There is option for using the lcd as to play dvd as well as for reverse cam !

BUT .

1. Rear view mirror fit lcd screen for rev camera , will disturb you while you drive as your kids will be watching movies as well as you cant see the rear view.

2.Roof mount lcd screen makes sense , but during reversing , you need to pull down the screen to see them each time. (also note you are deprived of the rear view mirror while driving. and also you need to buy/change the head unit - ruled out option.)

Thread Starter #6

ilango[speed thirst];88607 said:
Hope i make it clear

you need to add a sub woofer in stock headunit of wagon R

Yes , you need a amplifier for that. 2 channel amp is more than sufficient. Skilled electrician required to fix them , as there will be no rca cable to plug in directly.

Only entry levels can be used , investing in costly subwoofer is err waste of money.

There is option for using the lcd as to play dvd as well as for reverse cam !

BUT .

1. Rear view mirror fit lcd screen for rev camera , will disturb you while you drive as your kids will be watching movies as well as you cant see the rear view.

2.Roof mount lcd screen makes sense , but during reversing , you need to pull down the screen to see them each time. (also note you are deprived of the rear view mirror while driving. and also you need to buy/change the head unit - ruled out option.)
Thanks for the clear technical advice ilango.
I might just add a reverse parking sensor (just audio alert and no video).

I need to ask the dealer about a decent package, if at all available for the audio enhancement. Otherwise not going that way too.

I would definitely happy with the basic stuff...

Thread Starter #7

Regarding reverse parking I came across Xenos website - Xenos

Rs. 4800/ - I think this one is good as it has forward parking support as well with 6 sensors - 2 in front and 4 on the rear.

An accessory dealer quoted 10K with 1200W JBL Sub Woofer + 2 way Amp.But it seems that the sub woofer is too big as it would occupy most of the boot space which I dont want. I was shown an smaller active sub woofer too but only 300w.

So my friend suggested to place 2 good 6" JBL speakers on the rear parcel tray (Shall I go for 3 way speakers?)and 2 tweeters on the front which would offer reasonable good quality audio experience. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Family man , with kids and first and only car(hope so) + sub woofer is not a good combination.

Maruti's stock speakers are nippon/kenwood made.

they have good bass.

Unlike the tata , maruti and ford provide good normal audio.
Hope you are looking for the boom music.

If yes , stock is enough.

From our experience , Do not buy Xenos!

Circuit -i is costly and durable.
world tech - Chinese make , is good though.

Xenos , is just a branded china product at premium price with a warranty card.

Still not satisfied with stock speakers ?
add as your friend says , hmm try a 6x9 oval from jbl or pioneer in the parcel tray.

Yeah Xenos is a decent brand , go for it. But Ilango has been saying to many people to avoid it since many duplicates are available in the market too. I have no experience with the 300W sub-woofers. If you are a bit concerned about the boot space try the bass tube enclosure instead.

Thread Starter #10

Yes, ilango you are right. This is my first car in India. Using Ford Fiesta Zetec and Peugeot 206 abroad. Only drove hatch backs and not at all comfortable with sedans! May be 500 kms per year, that is the max this car is going to be driven. My father who is going to use the car would be concerned about boot space rather than an audio system.

Any way could you suggest a decent active (Subwoofer) bass tube that would occupy little space?

I opted for Infinity 6530 CS fr. comp. & they fit in to the stock location beautifully. The tweeters have been stuck onto the dash using dbl-sided tape, no issues for a year now. Although a bit on the brighter side, the clarity of vocal & string instruments is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:

sir,
I already fitted pioneer AVH X 595 BT music system on my Wagon r vxi 2017 with two 3 way speakers on front doors and two 2 way speakers on rear door. Now I wish to fit a su woofer with in built amp on my car.
Pls suggest how can i fit this without any space deduction on the boot or can fit it on under back seat, also suggest which model can i choose.(in inbuilt amp).

Thanks

Top Bottom