Caska HU CA 3621 for Volkswagen Vento

Thread Starter #1
After some research, I have finalized the Caska 3621 for my Vento. Spoke with the Caska guy and he confirms that it is an OEM unit and will exactly fit the Vento. He also assured that installation will take less than an hour and not a single wire will be cut - so VW warranty still holds!

Would love to hear from anyone who has Caska installed on a Vento or any other car on their experiences.

More info can be found at: Caska

Thanks

Thread Starter #3
They quoted me around Rs.48k for the unit (including the reverse camera)
At this time they do not have anything for Tata cars.

Thread Starter #5
Without the speakers. A comparable unit, witson may cost a little less but with Caska - you get a replacement warranty and they have a number of service centers in India unlike the witson unit.

i remember asking toyota people cost of HU in my corolla they said 50K that time . But seeing so many feature i think its way better .

If you buy it please don't forget to put review of it specially i will wait for it

Thread Starter #7
Yes, with all the features the caska unit has - it could well be worth the price.
Will wait to see how it performs though, before jumping to any conclusions.
Moreover, the GPS system also has the flexibility of changing the maps to a
different map provider.
Will do. I have been researching the internet like crazy trying to find if someone has installed this. Apparently none - or those who installed it have not posted anything on the net.
Will write up a detailed review with pictures once I have it installed.
Caska does not have this unit in stock so I will have to wait for a few weeks before they import it.

as soon as you put your review do send me PM if i miss it . Even i had searched lot but couldn't found any thing useful and here suddenly from no were you arrived :)

i am not sure but have heard someone on another website have installed same brand headunit on his vento as well, would confirm and revert you back for some feedback if available. Can you post some details of the features of this unit you want to install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
Yes, I read that too. That gentleman had installed a Witson unit which has similar features as that of the Caska.
The Caska is basically a unit which fits perfectly on the Vento. In other words they have different products tailormade for car brands. Please visit the website link I had given in my original thread.
As for the features, it has bluetooth. Apple compatibility(you get the same screen menu as on the Ipod), GPS navigation (maps are replaceable), reverse parking camera, and even has a virtual memory. The virtual memory works similarly like a internal hard drive where you can save songs to the HU itself. There is a limit to this capacity though.
The unit also plays DVD video(only when parked though). Unfortunately no Blurays during this time!
What is missing at this price though, is a internal hardrive of say 16 or 32 GB which could have stored a large number of songs on the system itself.

Thread Starter #12
Sure. But Lexus (LS series) has already been giving HDD on their cars for some time now. I believe it is a swappable HDD (which can be replaced by the end user).

Thread Starter #14
I just checked on their website. Lexus have now moved to HDD based navigation. Which means that all GPS maps are stored in that HDD and they also have about 30 GB space for music on that same drive.
Interestingly they have this feature on almost all models.
How I wish, car manufacturers in India were this tech savy. Even high end
BMW models in India don't have these features.

well main problem is that even general public is also not so tech savy so car maker don't care if few people are tech savy

In the end i will say "Welcome to India " :biggrin:

Top Bottom