Thread Starter #1
All,

I have a new Alto K10. With a budget of 10K I decided to fix these
Head Unit: JBL GT X 333
Front: 4 inch component.
Rear: None
Sub: None
Amp: Not at the moment

Research turned up Illusion 4.1 as the only good component at a low price point. I have called various distributors and they all say that a 4 inch component is not available anymore. Is that true? Gurus here please help. I really want to fix a component as the music is supposed to be good through them. I have plans to fit a budget amp later. Without the component my whole plan goes up in the air and I will have to start from the beginning. Thanks for your help.

......all say that a 4 inch component is not available anymore. Is that true?......
Not sure about it, few weeks after diwali got a set of 4" components (Pioneer, not sure about the model) replaced in my friends Alto at Coimbatore (shop around stadium)

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Which shop was this? There are several around the stadium. Popular did not have it. How do you rate the Pioneer speakers? How would it compare to say a Hertz or a DLS 4" coax?

Thanks for the quick reply. Which shop was this? There are several around the stadium. Popular did not have it. How do you rate the Pioneer speakers? How would it compare to say a Hertz or a DLS 4" coax?
RM Car Decors I suppose, because I suggested my friend to get it done from there.
Don't ever compare with Hertz. Asked my friend regarding the sound clarity, came to know his requirement is a "loud speaker" that converts electrical energy into sound energy[lol] So he is ok with any such stuff.

I can rate 3/5 as I have used the same 4" components in my Alto way back in 2004-05.

Thread Starter #5
Haha. My requirements are more towards pleasant easy on the ear sounds. I searched everywhere but cannot come up with a <5k 4 inch component. I'm going to change my mind to coaxials. I'll continue the research as I have to switch the head unit and amp requirement too. Thanks again for the help.

Hi buddy,

4" components are usually rare to find in our market. Illusions were a good choice, but i believe they are not available anymore. There is this person Ajay in Mumbai. A friend of mine had bought speakers from him. Will check if he still has the number.
A humble suggestion,
Do try and think about upgrading to 6.5" components, fitted via an MDF adapter on your doors. Not only do they make a noticeable difference in the sound quality, but they are also more practical and come at a price point that's only marginally higher. Not to mention the wider options to choose from :biggrin:
Rest i leave to the resident experts to explain to you.
Cheers [thumbsup]

Do try and think about upgrading to 6.5" components, fitted via an MDF adapter on your doors.
Fitting a 6.5 incher on an Alto would require cutting of door panels for sure. If going that way, do find an experienced installer who can finish the cut door panel well. Alternatively, you can try auditioning a 4" coaxial from Infinity (
Infinity Reference 4032). I have heard these in a friend's car and the clarity of vocals and punch of mid-bass was easily comparable to some entry/low level components.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom