Swapping Stock ICE of Honda Brio With New Honda BR-V Stock ICE

Thread Starter #1
Hi Good afternoon all ,
This is my very first post here and it is regarding the feasibility of swapping my Honda Brio's (2012 SMT (O) with Steering control ) stock ICE , with the STock ICE from New Honda BRV ?
Will it be possible ? i am awaiting to collect the ICE of BRV , thought to check in the forum before proceeding. I am not a big fan of touch screen infotainment and like to remain as close to stock as possible.
[:)]

Online few videos are giving very vague information.

Any expertise solution or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Swapping Stock ICE of Honda Brio with New Honda BRV Stock ICE

How much are you paying for it?
IMHO go for an aftermarket ICE instead

Thread Starter #3
Re: Swapping Stock ICE of Honda Brio with New Honda BRV Stock ICE

Person is quoting 3k for the stock ICE and it has been taken off before the car got delivered to him.My plan is to get the deal done for 2.5k
The advantage i am getting from this new ICE is Bluetooth Audio / Call connectivity , Steering controls can still be operated and this has a 6 speaker support with a better refined AMP.

Aftermarket ICE , for a good one i need to spend atleast 10k ( Blaupunkt / Sony / Pioneer ) [roll]

How much are you paying for it?
IMHO go for an aftermarket ICE instead

Thread Starter #4
Update:

Got the Stock Stereo from BRV and unfortunately it is not a plug and play. The BRV has a new generation Socket , and the harness in Brio wont fit in[confused].
Looking forward to find a custom coupler for merging.

Update:

Got the Stock Stereo from BRV and unfortunately it is not a plug and play. The BRV has a new generation Socket , and the harness in Brio wont fit in[confused].
Looking forward to find a custom coupler for merging.
Please do share once you completed with the job! With pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Please do share once you completed with the job! With pictures.
Good evening and sorry for the long gap. Finally Mission Accomplished [:)]
It was hard finding a custom coupler , to avoid touching / cutting my Brio's stock harness.
I was kind of loosing hope and was thinking of selling off the stereo. But a friend of mine suggested to try JC road ( Bengaluru ) , where there is a solution for everything and turned out to be true.
First few trials was a failure as the shop people were not ready to invest time ( they were pushing me of buying a higher end stereo from them [frustration] ).
Later met one person who exclusively handles only stereo works and he agreed to hard wire the stereo , as getting a coupler was very tricky.
With fingers crossed agreed for the same , and at last it worked.
Attaching Pics below [:D]

Bugs / Minor Issues found so far
1) Steering Controls are lost / not working
2) While Honking if USB is connected, the playback just pauses and then regains.

Has been using it over a week , and so far its pretty satisfying.

Attachments

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Im sorry but I still dont see the advantage (No offense,just curious)
You could have kept stock ICE and used a bluetooth adapter via AUX such as Sony SBH20 (new version- SBH24) like I have done in my Honda city

I assumed you meant a touch screen ICE when you said BRV ICE

Also you can mount your phone just above the ICE and use "Android Auto" 's app which turns your phone into an Android Auto display for calls,music etc and use audio out via aux

I currently use the above setup in my own Honda City

Thread Starter #8
Hi kkn13 ,

The idea is pretty cool , but am not a big fan of extra adapters & cables dangling from stereo. Feels distracted. I prefer a clean interface when it comes to stereo.

By the way thanks a lot for the Android Auto suggestion , it is really helpful for daily commute

Regards
Sreekanth

Im sorry but I still dont see the advantage (No offense,just curious)
You could have kept stock ICE and used a bluetooth adapter via AUX such as Sony SBH20 (new version- SBH24) like I have done in my Honda city

I assumed you meant a touch screen ICE when you said BRV ICE

Also you can mount your phone just above the ICE and use "Android Auto" 's app which turns your phone into an Android Auto display for calls,music etc and use audio out via aux

I currently use the above setup in my own Honda City

kkn13

Suspended
Hi kkn13 ,

The idea is pretty cool , but am not a big fan of extra adapters & cables dangling from stereo. Feels distracted. I prefer a clean interface when it comes to stereo.

By the way thanks a lot for the Android Auto suggestion , it is really helpful for daily commute

Regards
Sreekanth
Yeah I forgot that Brio and BRV ICE doesnt have a compartment like in the 3rd gen City
Like this-
http://bkkautos.com/files/2009_Honda_City_advanced_audio_iPod.jpg
Wherein AUX and USB are inside and the compartment can be closed

PS - For Android Auto, another tip for using 3rd party Audio apps like Wynk Music, Jio Music etc
Theres no native support but I got it working using this app and guide-
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...eral/app-anyautoaudio-audio-app-auto-t3607916

Catch is no browsing support to change album etc, only music controls and you have to start playing before starting Android Auto

Also MD Player is a great app and supports Android Auto natively for stored music

Top Bottom