Hyundai Grand i10 Audio Setup Upgrade: Help Needed

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends

I am planning to change the audio set up on my Hyundai Grand i10 (2013-2017 Model). The things am planning to change are :

1. factory fitted Head Unit

2. 4 factory fitted speakers ( 2 in front door & 2 in back door )

I Love music and i would love to have the audio to be high quality, clear and i am a huge fan of bass!

I am not planning to get the amplifier and sub woofer. Is it possible to get good bass (not the same effect of a seperate sub woofer) by having only the above mentioned set up without sub woofer and amplifier?

An other thing is that i do not like to go with a touch screen head unit as i feel in this budget range the text on the head units is not impressive at least to my liking. I am looking at something like Pioneer FH-X789BT which has custom changeable multicolor illumination.

My budget is around 20K to 30K. Could you please suggest me a good set up. It would be awesome for me if you can suggest me an audio set up to get good bass without amplifier and sub woofer.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi,

Consider this:
1. Pioneer headunit: FH-S509BT/FH-X789BT ~10K
2. Boston REF 265C 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers (500W 70 RMS) ~5K
3. POLK DB652 DB+ 6.5" Co-axial 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power) ~6K
4. Blaupunkt XLF 200A 8-inch Under Seat Active Subwoofer ~10K

I would recommend #4 'Active subwoofer' as it doesn't need amplifier and also will be installed under the front seat so will not be occupying space in the boot and will also fulfill the missing bass effect.

EDIT: You can add 4 channel amp under the other front seat in the future to get the best out of these speakers.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Hi,

Consider this:
1. Pioneer headunit: FH-S509BT/FH-X789BT ~10K
2. Boston REF 265C 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers (500W 70 RMS) ~5K
3. POLK DB652 DB+ 6.5" Co-axial 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power) ~6K
4. Blaupunkt XLF 200A 8-inch Under Seat Active Subwoofer ~10K

I would recommend #4 'Active subwoofer' as it doesn't need amplifier and also will be installed under the front seat so will not be occupying space in the boot and will also fulfill the missing bass effect.

EDIT: You can add 4 channel amp under the other front seat in the future to get the best out of these speakers.
Hi

Thank you for the reply. I am also thinking of Infinity REF1200S 12" shallow-mount subwoofer which will take less space if installed in the boot. How are these subwoofers?

Thanks

Top Bottom