Audio Install - Urgent Help Needed!

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,
I have my I10 with Pioneer 5050 HU.I Recently fit a Focal Monoblock Solid 1 amp and a kicker Subwoofer VES 12 which has 300 Rms output.I am not happy with the Bass thump.kindly suggest!Cannot change the Amp but the Subwoofer can be changed

Re: Audio install -Urgent help needed!

what wiring are you using.
How is the enclosure constructed

In your case nothing need to be changed , just some tuning in amp as well as in head unit.
and some modification in the enclosure.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks!

Wiring has been done recenlty and its a branded one but not sure of the name!.the enclosure came with the subwooffer Kindly type KICKER VES 12 SUBWOOFER IN google images and you can see.The details I would not find anywhere.Found out the RMS of the sub is just 150.Otherwise suggest a powerful subwoofer to match the Amplifier.

Yeah its power is 125 rms , but that must give a good boom i hope.
just try tuning the amp .
keep everything flat in the head unit.
and then tune the amp .
after the max satisfaction you get , try fiddling in the head unit.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Mate! but the Amplifier RMS is 600 Rms at 1 ohm,475 at 2 and 300 at 4 ohms I guess,I think its too little power the Sub has to give that Thump

Hello buddy welcome to the forum!

With Focal mono amp and kicker sub the thump should be real good! As Ilango said try tuning the amp , since you are in Chennai there are many ICE installers around.

And BTW is that HU having 3 RCA outputs and is that enclosure a ported one?

Thread Starter #8
Head unit has 2 output i think.will be able to tune it only dat after,the person who installed it not in station.but in general i would wana know whats the best sub spec or models for focal mono amp

hey kartikramu please give the details of the music equipment you have. Will then tell which sub to change to or any other changes, have the following subs in my car.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
hey kartikramu just had some guys have a look at your prob and these were the conclusion they came up with.
1) the sub is very low powered for that amp. and that amp coul fry the sub. so please try to change.
2)make sure not to play the music with the boot open. as the car itself acts as an enclosure for the sub. hence you might have not felt the punch.
3) if you think of changing the sub then change to a JBL GTO 1514 which is perfect. please put this sub in a sealed MDF bass fx box which can be custom made.

any other queries would love to help cause have sound system in my car worth 1.5lakhs approx

Thread Starter #13
Been away for long and lost my log in details!sorry guys.Hey thank u all for sharing that tech advise.I have finally taken a Kicker Solobaric L5 and Kicker zx 750 mono amp,great bass!

Top Bottom