Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatch Head Unit Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Baleno zeta 2016 with the factory HU. I upgraded from the stock speakers to Infinity 6502ix speakers with water guards. These speakers i had from my previous car. Sound quality is ok. I have two queries

1) one of the front speakers keeps going off. Every some time i notice sound is not good and when i check speakers using balance and fader, this one speaker is as good as off. When i burst power by suddenly increasing volume, it comes on and keeps running for some time, then quietly goes off. Earlier my left rear speaker used to do this and now my left front is. I dont remember i had swapped them around.
2) sound is just ok. Good but does not have the punch these very speakers had on my pioneer unit in my previous car. I mostly listen to old songs and semi classical stuff, so its not volume. I want real clarity. I felt it was an limitarion of my stock nippon HU. Stock bosch make suzuki HU is over 20k and even the comparable sony and Pioneer ones are similar. If i upgrade, i will go for a unit with screem mirroring and Bluetooth. That way i can use my android google maps onscreen and attend my calls on screen as well. It needs to have steering controls also. The Pionees x399bt fits the bill. But its still too expensive and I dont really want a touchscreen and navigation. My car came with front tweeters that are only in name because the stock HU has no crossovers. So will adding an amp or crossovers improve the quality? If so, which amp. I am not really a car audio / electronics expert

Pls guide

Ameyam

kkn13

Suspended
IMHO go for a headunit for Android Auto , Apple Carplay only
Mirrorlink etc are terrible to operate and may not work with all phones even if the HU is cheaper

X399BT is horrible for the navigation etc imho

If you dont want to spend on a HU, try mounting a phone or tablet and use Android Auto app on it
Like this-
https://www.androidcentral.com/site...oid-auto-phone-car-mount-01.jpg?itok=JpzQiZfi

To add bluetooth to a non- bluetooth HU , buy Sony SBH20 and connect via AUX

Top Bottom