DIY Remote Control For Nippon Music System NC67PO?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

My 2017 Alto K10 (Vxi trim) came with a factory fitted Nippon ICE NC67PO and doesnt seem to have a remote control option. I did not check this during the delivery but only recently was asked by a friend if this comes with a RC. On checking with MGA, they said I need to upgrade to a different HU and the stock one doesn't come with RC option.

Now I have USB and Aux ports on this ICE. Is there a DIY way to setup a remote control for this? I am not considering bluetooth but the usual IR based RC. Have any of you come across this limitation? Appreciate your help on this please.

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,
Abhi.

Thread Starter #3
Nobody? [sad]
I am assuming nobody has thought of this yet.
I plan to try out some DIY myself and will update if things work out.
Thanks.

kkn13

Suspended
Hi Friends,

My 2017 Alto K10 (Vxi trim) came with a factory fitted Nippon ICE NC67PO and doesnt seem to have a remote control option. I did not check this during the delivery but only recently was asked by a friend if this comes with a RC. On checking with MGA, they said I need to upgrade to a different HU and the stock one doesn't come with RC option.

Now I have USB and Aux ports on this ICE. Is there a DIY way to setup a remote control for this? I am not considering bluetooth but the usual IR based RC. Have any of you come across this limitation? Appreciate your help on this please.

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,
Abhi.
Very tough but you can probably tap into the steering wheel control module somehow and integrate the controls into the rear cup holder in the centre console
Beyond that I doubt there is much hope

Thread Starter #5
Thanks @kkn13. That is some hard core DIY and I dont really want to risk it on my brand new car.
What I meant was actually doing some DIY with any available gadgets like FM transmitter etc although I have read only bad reviews about this method. I am on the lookout for more options and will keep this thread posted.

Top Bottom