ICE for my Maruti 800 - Please help

Thread Starter #1
Dear members,
I was waiting for sometime and have finally decided to get some music system work get done in my Maruti 800. Here is what i have checked out:

• Head-unit
    1. Pioneer 2290- comes with a USB- 5500/-
    2. pioneer (dont remember the model) but without USB-4500/-
  • Speakers
    1. JBL-s396 280 Watts- 2800/-
    2. Xplod 400 watts(Oval type)-1800/-
  • Parcel tray, heavy wooden material-600/-
Can you guys please help me with these products. which combination should i go for. I was aligned towards getting the non-USB one from Pioneer but please share your opinion.
Also in speakers, i felt sony xplod 400Watts looked pretty good but then JBL is a better brand any day and hence i am torn. Some quick help would be really appreciated.
Regards,
Saurabh

Its better to avoid Sony when it comes to ICE , many of our members here have faced problems with Sony.

HU it depends on your requirement , i would always suggest an USB option.

Go for a HU with USB.

In speakers, i would ask you to avoid sony. Its always to spend a little extra & go for a better product.

Thread Starter #4
thx folks for your inputs..
got it installed today...
went with Pioneer 2390 with warranty and bill and JBL s396. loving the thump! The setup i got done on a wooden clamp in the back.
the shopowner recommended sony 400 watts and he even mentioned that sony 440 watts is even better..while my installation of the clamp got done, i tested the sony 440 watts by properly closing the car and then sitting inside and they sounded pretty good. the shopkeeper was stressing more on volume and i was little skeptical on testing the speaker quality on the higher volume it can produce.
then we put JBL and wow,without increasing sound, changing any setting, the quality was apparent...loving the JBLs.. :-)

Good that you went to the best combi!

Pio + JBLs are the best budeget setup for any cars.

Happy motoring.

Top Bottom