Car Audio Head Unit Upgrade For Honda City VX 2015: Advice Needed From Experts

Thread Starter #1
This is my 1st post on this forum, and it is for an advice/help which I need in deciding for an upgrade of the Car Audio HeadUnit of my Honda City 2015 VX model. Following are my requirements, and then the available options, which I researched on. I currently have the stock 5" HeadUnit which only displays the Reverse Cam input as a Video. Otherwise it's purely a normal Audio unit, with Bluetooth enabled telephony.
Requirements:

1. View Google Maps on the Car HeadUnit (Primary)
  2. Bluetooth Telephony from the Car HeadUnit (Primary)
  3. Retain my Steering Controls for Audio & Telephony (Primary)
  4. Retain my existing Reverse Parking Cam and its input (Primary)
  5. View Video files from DVD/VCD/USB/Phone (Secondary)
  6. View Phone's screen on the HeadUnit (Secondary)
  7. Upgrade in Sound Quality (Secondary)
Models Researched (My Budget is 20k – 30k max):

1. Pioneer AVH-X2890BT – Within my budget, but has a limitation of displaying only a few Apps from the phone to the HeadUnit. Request anyone who is already using this to share if the Navigation Apps under the Pioneer AppRadio USB mode are good for India.
  2. Pioneer AVH-X5890BT – Within my budget. Same features as 2890BT but with a bigger screen
  3. Pioneer AVH-X8890BT – Outside my budget, but has the advantage of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enabled. So can think for this if anyone has already used and can provide feedback
  4. JVC KW-V620BTM – On the max boundary of my budget. It is HDMI Wireless enabled, so can mirror the phone screen directly to the car, and all Apps can be displayed. The only issue I can foresee here is that I would have to keep my mobile screen ‘On’ to enable this mirroring, which would drain down the battery
  5. CASKA Universal System CO-AT 1624 – Within my budget. But have read a lot about the unit hanging and slow to respond. It does not mirror the phone screen and also uses maps of its own. Also not sure about the After-Sales Service for this brand.
So my request would be to provide your inputs if you have used any of the above systems, or can suggest any other system based on my requirements stated above. I stay in Pune, so any help regarding the genuine shops and prices would also be appreciated. I would be retaining my Speakers, because I’m a big enthusiast of sound quality in the car, and feel the current output Ok, which is bound to get better on the upgrade of the HeadUnit alone.

If you are open to little mods on the dash, I'd suggest install a good 7" android tab. Install a good 1-din bluetooth HU and pair with tablet. This would open plethora of customization options for you.

Thread Starter #3
If you are open to little mods on the dash, I'd suggest install a good 7" android tab. Install a good 1-din bluetooth HU and pair with tablet. This would open plethora of customization options for you.
Thanks freakdude!
Thought about the Android tab/iPad option as well, but I'm a little skeptical about these since, none of the after market Panels support 2 openings, so it would be hard to fit a Tab and a 1-Din system together. While this would allow Maps, using a tab would not allow:
1. DVD Playback
2. Video playback through USB
3. Simultaneous connection of the Car Stereo with the Tab and My phone allowing navigation voice directions and telephone calls at the same time.

Based on these, I would probably zero-in on JVC 620BTM. Although its a bit high on the budget, but still supports Android/iPhone mirroring using a HDMI Wireless adaptor. So this would be future proof, as whatever Apps I use on the phone would be displayed exactly on the Car Stereo.

The only issue is finding good aftermarket dealers in Pune, as they are only very few, and they charge good premium for that. When I was in NCR, there was tons of options available for aftermarket fitments resulting in lesser costs due to competition.

Top Bottom