ICE Upgrade For 2016 Tata Storme Varicor400 (Stock Harman HU)

Thread Starter #1
DSC_0065w.jpg
  • Your Car: 2016 Safari storme VX 400nm

• Budget Range: 15~20k

• Looking For: Speaker+ Subwoofer+ Amplifier upgrade with Stock HU

• Preferred Brands: any

• Preferred Music Genre: Bollywood/Dub-step/Electropop/RnB/ mostly remix versions of Bollywood & Western music.

• Existing Audio Setup: OE setup with 2 tweeters & 4 door speakers by Harman.

• Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Does any one know the availability of pre amp output from Harman HU. It has one Aux-in & usb port with Bluetooth.
I had installed Pioneer 5490sd + JBL GTO 609c 6" 1/2 + GTO 949 6"x9" (no sub or amp) in our Xylo D4, Expecting better sound than this .[:D]

Hi Nikhil..

There are no RCA out in the Harman System. The only way to add an amp is by taking signal from the speaker out from the HU. We can either slice the wires or get ISO connectors and use them as sockets in between stock wiring and the HU.

The speakers are just 35 watt each, also there is no cross over between the midbass and the tweeter. They have just used a capacitor at tweeter end to change output frequencies between midbass and tweeter. I hope EX & VX has same Hu expect for the parking sensors. Here are the pics from EX.

Here are the connectors which you need:

Universal Car Female ISO Radio Wiring Harness Wire Cable Auto Stereo Adapter Connector Adaptor Plug-in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Universal Female ISO Wiring Harness Car Stereo Adapter Connector Radio Wire Connecter Adaptor Plug Kit-in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Some pics for you and others who are planning to upgrade the audio.
I hope the info is useful !![:D]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
There are no RCA out in the Harman System.
The speakers are just 35 watt each, also there is no cross over between the midbass and the tweeter. They have just used a capacitor at tweeter end to change output frequencies between midbass and tweeter. I hope EX & VX has same Hu expect for the parking sensors. Here are the pics from EX.
Some pics for you and others who are planning to upgrade the audio.
I hope the info is useful !![:D]
No wonder the sound gets distorted at high volume.
feeling like [gun]the harman guys... (or tata guys who ordered this cheap setup)

A noob Q : if i remove the head unit will the reverse buzzers work as they are connected to HU.

I m really not sure how the reverse sensors are connected. Since I couldn't find any separate module.

What will you do removing the HU, planning to get a panel from old storme ?
Beware it will cost you 6k it includes the AC control switches, the steering control wont work since there is no after market kit available for storme.

Hey Jeepster, can you please download and copy some .m4a (Apple iTunes) audio files in a USB Drive and check whether the Harman System can play them or not?

Noob here. Why do stock HU's don't have line outputs? Is it plain cost cutting or they just don't want owners upgrade to better amps and subs?

Top Bottom