Tata Nano Twist XT Speakers

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I own a Tata Nano Twist XT since an year now. I am looking for better component speakers with good bass effect specially for the rear ones retaining the stock head unit and front speakers. I am just worried about the effect on the battery.
Any suggestions for the same. Budget no worry unless it's worth of doing this.
Thanks.

Hi,
I own a Tata Nano Twist XT since an year now. I am looking for better component speakers with good bass effect specially for the rear ones retaining the stock head unit and front speakers. I am just worried about the effect on the battery.
Any suggestions for the same. Budget no worry unless it's worth of doing this.
Thanks.
Does Nano Twist have round provision at rear or oval shape? Better bass can only be had with 6x9 oval coaxials, round coaxials won't give much improvement.

Battery would be absolutely fine if you listen to music only when the engine is running. Basic oval coaxials will start from 3.5k and round ones would be 2.5k. Do you plan to add an amplifier also?

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the views.
Nano has round speakers. I can go for an oval ones.
I would love to have amplifer but space is may be a problem.
Any suggestion on good speakers...

Thanks for the views.
Nano has round speakers. I can go for an oval ones.
I would love to have amplifer but space is may be a problem.
Any suggestion on good speakers...
Amplifier can be fitted under the passenger seat. Space would not be a problem.

Can you please confirm if Nano has front and rear speakers on doors or not?

Only then I will be able to come up with choices. [:)]

Thread Starter #5
Hi,
Nano does not have speakers on the doors.
It has a pair on the front dashboard and a pair on the rear.

Thanks

Hi,
Nano does not have speakers on the doors.
It has a pair on the front dashboard and a pair on the rear.

Thanks
Okay now I understood. The front speakers are above/beside the glovebox and rear ones are on the parcel tray.

Front speakers are 4 inch (not sure, you may check yourself with a scale) and rear ones are 6/6.5 inch round coaxials. Components are not easily available in 4" category, so you can keep the front speakers stock for now. For the rear, if the parcel tray is detachable, get 6x9 inch coaxials installed on a new MDF tray. That would be totally worth it.

6x9 speakers from JBL and Pioneer are good if you are on a budget. They will cost ~3.5-4k for a set with decent capabilities. Go to a nearby shop and audition these 2 brands, and decide there itself. Fix them on a MDF parcel tray (costs 800 to 1k) and you will have enough improvement as compared to the stock setup.

Getting 6/6.5" round coaxials on the rear stock tray will not give really good results because I think the stock ones are also the same size. Marginal improvement can be expected, nothing much.

Getting 6/6.5" components at the rear is also not advisable as tweeter placement becomes a problem. If you place the tweeters on B Pillar, they will interfere with front soundstage as they will be too close to your ear. Best option is to get 6x9 inch coaxials from some good brand. It would be totally worth it.

Do note that no additional wiring would be required. Ask if you have any other doubts. [:)]

Top Bottom