Help Needed in Choosing Right Car Audio System

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I own an Alto K10 Lxi and I wanted to upgrade my system as i am not satisfied with the sound quality. I recently purchased a Pioneer AVH 1790DVD HU but i have not fitted it as yet. Now that i got the HU, the speakers are the next thing on my mind. I wanted to install Component Speakers but i don't know if its possible or not to use an enclosure for them as there are no provisions on the door panel.( because i read somewhere that components tends to produce a low sound quality when fitted in an enclosure.)
The component speaker that i'm looking for is JL Audio C3-650-CW for the rear. And as for the front i'm actually confused as the only provisions are on the dash with is small (i think 4'' max). Any suggestions as to what I should do and not to do.
The sub and amps are a complex matter to me so can anyone please suggest me what to do.
Your suggestion would really help me in deciding what to do next and by the way my budget is around 25K - 30K (excluding the HU)

Please give your suggestions about company speakers in range of

Re: Help needed in chossing the right Car Audio System

Hello All,

I own an Alto K10 Lxi and I wanted to upgrade my system as i am not satisfied with the sound quality. I recently purchased a Pioneer AVH 1790DVD HU but i have not fitted it as yet. Now that i got the HU, the speakers are the next thing on my mind. I wanted to install Component Speakers but i don't know if its possible or not to use an enclosure for them as there are no provisions on the door panel.( because i read somewhere that components tends to produce a low sound quality when fitted in an enclosure.)
The component speaker that i'm looking for is JL Audio C3-650-CW for the rear. And as for the front i'm actually confused as the only provisions are on the dash with is small (i think 4'' max). Any suggestions as to what I should do and not to do.
The sub and amps are a complex matter to me so can anyone please suggest me what to do.
Your suggestion would really help me in deciding what to do next and by the way my budget is around 25K - 30K (excluding the HU)

Please give your suggestions about company speakers in range of
Hi Reaper.

Pioneer AVH1790DVD is a good head unit. Alto K10 has 4" dashboard provisions and nothing else for ICE, assuming that you have the old shape Alto K10.

Components in 4" are very difficult to find in Indian markets. For other sizes, you will have to cut the doorpad (below the armrest on the doorpad) to accomodate the speaker. So, first of all, this is not a really good car to start the ICE journey with. For rear, if you are not going for a subwoofer, get 6x9 ovals on an MDF parcel tray which would handle the bass department very well.

With a 30k budget, I think you should get a subwoofer. See, amplifier-subwoofer matter is not that complex. The subwoofer is a driver which will make only one frequency, i.e. bass (or boom-boom). The subwoofer requires higher power (300w continous and goes upto 1000+w easily) and thus needs an amplifier, which amplifies the signals from the HU (which gives 50w max). You have to connect the amplifier to the HU and then, subwoofer to the amplifier, fiddle with some simple settings and done!

First let us know if you are ready to cut the doorpads or not. And what are your listening preferences (more bass? tight bass? loose growling bass?more clarity? preferred brands? rock/pop/hindi/english?)? Which year is your Alto K10? Do you drive or are chauffered?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. By the way im not ready to cut the doorpads, however if the front speakers cant be fitted i'd be happy with the rear only. The car i'm driving is the 2012 model and theres no chauffeur.
I really appreciate your reply but i want basic specifications as to what i should go for as the varieties available in the market now is enormous. Kindly suggest what i should for the amp, subs and are the Jl audio that i mention earlier good enough.

Thanks for your reply. By the way im not ready to cut the doorpads, however if the front speakers cant be fitted i'd be happy with the rear only. The car i'm driving is the 2012 model and theres no chauffeur.
I really appreciate your reply but i want basic specifications as to what i should go for as the varieties available in the market now is enormous. Kindly suggest what i should for the amp, subs and are the Jl audio that i mention earlier good enough.
I would say, leave the JLs and get something cheaper, so that you can get an amplifier also in the budget. Setting gains on the amplifier will help you tune the system better (giving more power to front 4" than rear ovals) and will give a better soundstage.

2012 version didn't have door provisions, so you have to get 4" coaxials for the front, 6x9" ovals for the rear on an MDF tray and a good 4 channel amplifier. All this in 27k, leaving a good 3k margin for labour, spacers (if needed), connectors, speaker wire, etc.

Get the Blaupunkt 470SF or JBL 644SI, both are good amplifiers. Blaupunkt is more bang for the buck but if you want a more familiar brand, JBL is the one. It will cost under 5.5k.

Hertz DCX100, Polk 401 and Kicker ES40 are good 4" coaxials. Kicker is the most bang for the buck and will cost under 3k.

For rear coaxials, you can get JBL GTO Series (949, 699 or 959) or Pioneer or Hertz or Blaupunkt 6x9 coaxials. I would choose JBL over any of these in this price range. Cost would be under 5k.

Get Fusion/Focal/Scosche/Ground Zero 8Ga amplifier wiring kit. It will cost you under 4k, but if you want near 1k mark, get Fusion. Focal PK8 is also good at 3k.

Get an MDF tray made for the cad with 3/4inch thick MDF. It will cost you around 800 bucks, but anyway take aside 1k for it.

So, I think all this fits your budget - and even saved around 9k. If you want to invest this amount, get the door damped with Dampmat (10k for bulk pack, enough for full car) or get a better amplifier like JBL GTO1004 or GTO804EZ or Lightning Audio or Pioneer 4 channel. Cost would be around 10k roughly.

Try to audition the brands before deciding as all of them have different sound signatures. Good luck with the purchase!

Top Bottom