Advice On Component Speakers

Thread Starter #1
hello guys need your help again. as anyone who has ever listened to the puntos music system would know that what a crap the speakers are . now i need to get a good ice system but currently i dont have enough money so i am gonna do it in steps starting with speakers them amp and the sub.
my question is which speakers should i go for my budget is anywhere near 4000 rs? will only installing compund speakers give some thump??
thanx in advance

@ vishal: do you mean component speakers?

for 4k, you have various options - look at JBL, kicker & i think boston too. i have no idea about boston, but JBL & kicker are good compos.

just comps wont give you enough kick. also, comps need an amp to run efficiently.

last heard, even soundstream compos are good & they run well enough without amp too.

you ideal purchase steps should be:

1) front comps & 4 ch amp
2) rear sub
3) rear co-axials

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
hey raj thanks
but front comps and 4 channel amp would cost much more than 8k rupees
as my car already has 4 stock speakers and 2 tweeters i was thinking to cut my rear door speakers and install component speakers at the rear parcel tray . but now i have only the money for component speakers after that i will be able to get a 4 channel amp

What? [shock]Components in the rear parcel tray?[lol]
Well, you can only fit front components in the space provided in front door pads.
I got Boston SXi606 for ~Rs 4400.

@ arkin: you can install compos in the rear parcel tray, the midbass would go in the parcel tray & the tweeters on the rear door.

@ vishal: that would mean you would have better rear speakers than front.

But hey Raj a sub cannot be fitted with the stock HU right? Does it have 3 or atleast 2 RCA outputs?

@ Raj But you will doing the driving most of the times right? Then why do you want comps at the rear? I understand your problem , but still comps at the rear is not very logical.

i dont know which HU he is using. is it the stock HU?

@ dhaya: If you have the budget, better to install compos in front as well as rear, even the rear passengers would get nice SQ. then play with the fader (or better add amp to the rear compos) & you will get a nice surround sound effect. these days many are opting for rear compos, even i have. the outcome is really nice. you just need to install better comps in front compared to the rear ones though.

Thread Starter #10
guys i have the stock head unit
i will cut the rear door speakers and join the components in rear parcel tray . i will have to install components in parcel tray because there is not enough space in the rear door to fit them correct me if i am wrong this is what i have been told by the car accesory shop.
can i upgrade my front door speakers to better ones without spending much ?
even if i dont upgrade my front speakers i can fade the sound so that there is no disturbance at high volumes.

@ raj i already have stock tweeters in the front doors i am thinking to put them in rear door and get pioneer tweeters in the front doors will it generate some good sound?
but arent the tweeters of component speakers sticked on the speakers how do i put them in rear doors seprately?
also what difference does having better speakers in back then front makes?

@ arkin how much watt are your Boston SXi606?

@ vishal: your car's stock speakers, even if they have tweeters, wont sound as good as the component speakers we are talking about, since they dont come with crossovers.

if you just buy pio tweeters, even it wont come with crossovers & the sound will be too shrill, not good for SQ.

so, if you are looking for sound quality, buy a decent component speaker for the front.

tweeters of comp speakers are separate unlike co-axial speakers & can be mounted on the door or pillar as you wish.

Thread Starter #12
@ vishal: your car's stock speakers, even if they have tweeters, wont sound as good as the component speakers we are talking about, since they dont come with crossovers.

if you just buy pio tweeters, even it wont come with crossovers & the sound will be too shrill, not good for SQ.

so, if you are looking for sound quality, buy a decent component speaker for the front.

tweeters of comp speakers are separate unlike co-axial speakers & can be mounted on the door or pillar as you wish.
what are crossovers??
the front door donot have enough space to install component speakers in them ?
which company component speakers are good ? will only component speakers create some thump?

look here, you will understand everything.

crossovers are used to filter out the frequencies between midbass & tweeters.

front door can accommodate comps, even rear doors can. they will add a MDF ring to accommodate the speakers.

Comp speakers will have more thump but not as much as a sub. comp speakers are good for sound quality. good brands within budget are JBL, illusion, kicker, ground zero, etc.

Thread Starter #14
hey raj you mean to say i dont need to fit the comps in rear parcel tray?
but the car shop guy said the doors donot have enough space to accomodate the speakers?
will there be a huge difference in the sq of component speakers with and without the amp joined??

Last edited:
if the midbass wont fit on the doors, install them on the parcel tray but install the tweeters on the door.

you can have a look at the setup in my car here. this is the rear door pic-

Attachments

Top Bottom