Speakers For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
I have Maruti 800 (2003 model) and currently I have a local music system installed in it (see in pic) with some LM AUDIO name on it, with 2 local speakers installed in back.....
Thing is that I m bored with the poor quality of those speakers and now i want to install some good speakers for good sound quality.
I dont need any amplifier or bass tube
I just want to have best quality speakers which give a strong bass (actually i m very fond of heavy music)
I have few questions in mind - whether i should install 4 speakers or 2 speakers and second questn is that, whether having local head unit (the one in pic) with good speakers installed make sound quality degrade ? Means installing good speakers is sufficient with having local head unit ??
Please help guys
I m thinking that i should keep local head unit installed and should change the speakers......
Please give your suggestions about company speakers in range of 1500-2000

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
please help

Guys please give your suggestions.

I'm not experienced in this field, i just want to install good speakers in my car which already has a head unit of a local company..

In all i want a good clear sound with good bass in my car

Last edited by a moderator:
Change the head unit as well as speakers if you have the money. Otherwise start with speakers first and if you still want better music, change the HU.

A local HU won't give proper amplified signals and the speakers won't reproduce good sound. 2k budget is less for items with bill and warranty. It is better if you search in the gray market for this purpose. A decent HU with USB and Aux from JVC, Pioneer, Blaupunkt would cost around 2.5-3k and speakers would cost around 1k for a pair of 6.5" round coaxial speakers, 2k for a pair of 6"x9" oval coaxial speakers and less than 1k for 4" coaxial speakers pair. Look for Pioneer as it will fulfill your bass needs very well. For more clarity with slightly lesser bass, go for JBL. If you need a decent mix of bass and clarity, even Blaupunkt is also a good choice. Choose 4 speakers (2 four inch at front and 2 oval speakers at back) to get a balanced soundstage. Please confirm if you want speakers in the dashboard provision or are willing to cut the doorpads. If you are okay with cutting the doorpads, get 6.5" coaxials from a good brand for upto 1.5k and use the existing 2 speakers at the back.

Look for shops in Karol Bagh or the car market behind Moolchand Hospital. You might get some deals there. But you will have to increase your budget to around 6k for the whole thing. And do post picture of your rear speakers also. Are the oval or round? Installed in box or tray?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
thanks for replying

Thanks for replying bro

Your suggestion arose some questions in my mind.

Let's take the case i keep the HU as it is and just change the speakers

In that case.....

1. What is difference between a 4in and 6.5 in speaker ? Are these round speakers coaxial or component ?

2. What is difference between 6.5 in round and 6*9 in oval speakers ? Which one is better ? As you said according to price, the difference is of around 1k

3. If a choose to install 4 speakers then will 2 coaxial speakers in back and 2 component speakers(without subbass) in front produce a great sound with bass ??? Or
Should front speakers should also be coaxial ?

4. You said that i can with an option of installing 2 speakers in front and keeping the existing in back as it is, will it not degrade the sound as back 2 speakers currently are extremely awful

Plz answer my these questions bro, then i will get a clear of picture of what to do
And one last thing, if i don't change HU will clearity of the songs degrade a lot or will i get a clear sound (at a sufficient level i mean) ??

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Difference between a 4" and 6.5" speaker is in the diameter firstly. A 6.5" speaker has larger cone area and produces better bass. See, these are the sizes and types -

A) Round Coaxials - 4", 5.25", 5.75", 6", 6.5" (4" and 6.5" are widely available)
B) Oval Coaxials - 6"x9"
C) Components (are Round only) - 5.25", 6", 6.5" (6" and 6.5" are widely available)

2. Everything is good at its place. It is just that oval soeakers can't fit on the doors and thus round 6.5" or smaller ones are used on doors. The difference is in size and shape.

3. Yes, components at front and 6x9 coaxials will produce good bass. See, I am writing down the below things for better understanding :
A) Round Coaxials 4" - Low bass, Low sound quality
B) Round Coaxials 6" or above - Decent bass, Decent sound quality
C) Oval Coaxials - Excellent bass, Low sound quality
D) Round Components 6" or above - Decent bass, Excellent sound quality

Out of these, you can choose any combination. Usually components + oval coaxials is best combo.

4. It may sound awful, but if you have money problem, then it is better to have something than nothing.

Last question - It will obviously sound better than what you are having now, that I can say for sure. Changing HU will increase the sound quality further. The speakers will start sounding better, but changing speaker first will offer a bigger change than changing HU first.

Hope you have cleared your doubts brother.

Thread Starter #6
thanks a ton bro.

You made me understand a lot of things which i was confused with.

Now i can make a better decision about what to do.

Thanks again :)

Top Bottom