New Touchscreen Head Unit For Hyundai Verna

Thread Starter #1
Dear All

I recently bought a Hyundai Verna 4S 1.6 SX(O).

I wish to get a new infotainment system in the car, aa touchscreen system which has inbuilt GPS navigation. I have 2 questions:

1. Does changing the HU and putting in a new system void warranty? Electrical or otherwise? Some threads have mentioned that a non-Hyundai approved system(not sure what that means since I can not find a 'list of approved' systems.
2. A good system with a budget of 20-25k. Please recommend?
3. Any other guidance on car systems is most welcome.

I am a first time car owner, so would really appreciate all the help.

Thanks all in advance.

Dear All

I recently bought a Hyundai Verna 4S 1.6 SX(O).

I wish to get a new infotainment system in the car, aa touchscreen system which has inbuilt GPS navigation. I have 2 questions:

1. Does changing the HU and putting in a new system void warranty? Electrical or otherwise? Some threads have mentioned that a non-Hyundai approved system(not sure what that means since I can not find a 'list of approved' systems.
2. A good system with a budget of 20-25k. Please recommend?
3. Any other guidance on car systems is most welcome.

I am a first time car owner, so would really appreciate all the help.

Thanks all in advance.
1. If factory wiring is cut anywhere during the install, warranty gets void. If not, then there is no effect on warranty. Even if it gets cut, only the electrical/wiring warranty will be gone and not the complete warranty. Non-Hyundai approved systems would be those which are not bought from Hyundai dealership as approved systems would be those which are sold by Hyundai dealerships.

2. What are your requirements? Pioneer and JVC are the leaders in this range. Take your pick.

3. Please tell some more details. Are you planning to change the speakers also? Are you satisfied with stock sound quality? Requirements in Head unit? Looking for detachable face plate or fixed?

Thread Starter #3
Hi

I wish to change only the head unit. Need it to look better plus it's hard to operate I feel.

Not planning to change the speakers etc, they sound fairly good. Maybe later but not now.

I spoke to the dealership, he said caska and blaupaunkt are Hyundai approved as in these two are allowed to dealers to get fitted.

So I need a system which has navigation, music, Bluetooth compatibility. In android I would also get a playback option.

Also am not sure about the detachable plate, what's the difference between the two?

Regards

Last edited:
Hi

I wish to change only the head unit. Need it to look better plus it's hard to operate I feel.

Not planning to change the speakers etc, they sound fairly good. Maybe later but not now.

I spoke to the dealership, he said caska and blaupaunkt are Hyundai approved as in these two are allowed to dealers to get fitted.

So I need a system which has navigation, music, Bluetooth compatibility. In android I would also get a playback option.

Also am not sure about the detachable plate, what's the difference between the two?

Regards
Okay. Hyundai approved means thise brands which the dealer is selling. This way, according to the dealer, you have to purchase from Blaupunkt or Caska (to save your warranty) and even get this from their dealership so that they can earn an extra buck. So basically they are saying "Any brand you purchase and install from the dealership is approved". If you ask them whether you can buy Blaupunkt or Caska yourself and get fitted from outside, they will deny. So its not about the brand but the premium they will charge at the dealership.

You can look at Pioneer, JVC or Blaupunkt. Caska I don't think will have respectable HUs at this price, but not totally sure. Pioneer AVHX5790BT and JVC KWV41BT are good HUs out there, within your budget. I would say buy them and get installed from a reputed installer and ensure that no factory wires are cut anywhere. This way your warranty will remain intact.

Detachable face plate means the front plate (face) of the HU can be removed when you're parking the car in shady spots, just like 1DIN HUs. Some JVCs offer this very useful feature.

Top Bottom