Where To Get Live Demo of ICE H.U. in Delhi NCR?

Thread Starter #1
Would like to see one working , their touch experience etc andspeaker quality before spending 20k or so . Almost all the shops on sec 14 gurgaon i visited had no demo stuff and the few that had had only cheap single din HU and 1 or 2 max speaker variants to hear.

Any shops in delhi or gurgaon where i can try before i buy ? most of these dealers say get your car first and pay and we may arrange demo from some car they working [frustration]. i dont wanna be forced to buy just because i visited.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: where to get live demo of ICE H.U. in Gurgaon /delhi

car heaven in ashok vihar have some speakers and HU as displays and some of them are touch screens as well. i went there to take a quote for my verna. they had all brands available as well.
anyways check reviews online of the models that you want.

Thread Starter #3

car heaven in ashok vihar have some speakers and HU as displays and some of them are touch screens as well. i went there to take a quote for my verna. they had all brands available as well.
anyways check reviews online of the models that you want.
I have checked reviews online and have shortlisted 3 models from Pioneer and Sony but would like to see them in person outside the box. Ashok Vihar is a bit far from gurgaon. Do the dealers at karol bagh keep them too ? will take a metro there this sat

Thread Starter #5

thanks but your model seems to be a X 57 or higher model. i dont have that high a budget and m looking at x2790 , 279Bt or sony XAV 68bt HUs. how has your experience been with touch HU like readability in sun , viewing angles , touch response and UI

Last edited:

Touch is good, readability can be issue if sun is very bright. Viewing angles are good. Doenst lag much but dont expect like your high end mobiles. Sound is amazing and my sub and amp is rocking car now.

Thread Starter #7

Touch is good, readability can be issue if sun is very bright. Viewing angles are good. Doenst lag much but dont expect like your high end mobiles. Sound is amazing and my sub and amp is rocking car now.
so do you recommend a touch one compared to a Normal type if one has the budget of 18-20k for a HU ? because if touch is laggy and stuff changing songs and basic things would frustrate a user. the main purpose should be easy to use that works fast.

so do you recommend a touch one compared to a Normal type if one has the budget of 18-20k for a HU ? because if touch is laggy and stuff changing songs and basic things would frustrate a user. the main purpose should be easy to use that works fast.
I would personally suggest a normal 2DIN HU if you're looking for more functionality over form. At around 70% of what you'll be paying for a entry level touchscreen HU, you can get a decent fast and easy to use 2DIN normal HU, or better still you will get a fully loaded 1DIN with enough juice to comfortably drive your speakers.

My brother is using Pioneer AVH279BT and it works flawlessly. It doesn't hang during normal operations like changing songs, folders, etc. but gets a bit laggy in loading (or displaying) large amounts of data. You can expect a speed (or flow) of an entry level single core android phone.

Thread Starter #9
I would personally suggest a normal 2DIN HU if you're looking for more functionality over form. At around 70% of what you'll be paying for a entry level touchscreen HU, you can get a decent fast and easy to use 2DIN normal HU, or better still you will get a fully loaded 1DIN with enough juice to comfortably drive your speakers.

My brother is using Pioneer AVH279BT and it works flawlessly. It doesn't hang during normal operations like changing songs, folders, etc. but gets a bit laggy in loading (or displaying) large amounts of data. You can expect a speed (or flow) of an entry level single core android phone.
thanks for replying. large amount of data means ? like videos ?

thanks for replying. large amount of data means ? like videos ?
No. Video playback is smooth, no issues. Large data means like scrolling fast through 240-250 songs, or 100 or more contacts when connected via bluetooth. And the lag is very minimal, which you can live with as the HU performs well in what it is supposed to do. It is acceptable, similar to entry level smartphones with slow processors, not a deal breaker. You will not be running through your 100 songs everyday, simply create a playlist of your favourite songs if this bothers you.

Its not capacitive screen but resistive screen even though its cost around 22-25k. Laggy is depends on what everyone expect it from it. So if you thinking like having response time like mobile phones then clearly NO. But I m sure no other manufacture uses capacitive LCD's in HU. So coming to point about slow/laggy response, I am happy what my HU offers me. I hardly touch unless my car in fully stopped or very slow. It has basic function on panel and on screen too. Like next, previous, mute etc so I dont have to touch screen at all while driving.

If you really wanna enjoy touch screen like our current generation phone offers well you need install 7inch tablets like nexus or lenovo etc I saw one online. Just google about it. Google nexus 7 tablet. It will be cheap and best [:)]

Top Bottom