Honda City VX(O): Caska or Map My India?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

There are 3 options (provided by dealers) to equip Honda City with touchscreen, such that it doesn't voids warranty.

Model VX(o)
- 30k extra over VX
- 6.2" with MapMyIndia Maps

Caska
- 50k extra overVX
- 8" screen with mapMyIndiaMaps

MapMyIndia
- 40k extra over VX (Where as on MapMyIndia site it shows 20k but always sold out)
- 7" screen

I know there are far much better options available outside like FB160T but I don't want to risk car's warranty in any way. Any suggestions/experience for aforesaid 3 options please?

thanks

Thread Starter #3
Re: Honda City VX(O): Caska or MapMyIndia?

Best is factory fitted. Which model of MapmyIndia are they providing for 40k?
Don't know. They just mentioned MapMyIndia ICE. I too agree factory fitted is always best. But Honda has tarnished its goodwill (in ICE context for city) as VX(o) has smallest touch screen and glovebox is occupied by many wires. Who would wish to open glove box of brand new car to see many wires inside?

bhvm

Honoured Member

Don't bother with these overpriced Junk.

Get a good tablet worth 15k. Install Here maps and enable offline mode. Fill Fuel worth saved 35k and go on a nice trip.

Hi,

There are 3 options (provided by dealers) to equip Honda City with touchscreen, such that it doesn't voids warranty.

Model VX(o)
- 30k extra over VX
- 6.2" with MapMyIndia Maps

Caska
- 50k extra overVX
- 8" screen with mapMyIndiaMaps

MapMyIndia
- 40k extra over VX (Where as on MapMyIndia site it shows 20k but always sold out)
- 7" screen

I know there are far much better options available outside like FB160T but I don't want to risk car's warranty in any way. Any suggestions/experience for aforesaid 3 options please?

thanks
Hello,
I am having City VX model and I changed ICE 4 months back with F60BT from accessory shop in delhi itself.And let me tell you fit n finish is proper.Don't go for caska or even map my india as casks don't have any good reviews.If you want I can give you the number of the guy who installed this in my car and it won't void your warranty also.
You can check pictures in the Accessory for honda city forum.That shop is located in kirti nagar.

Thread Starter #8

Hello,
I am having City VX model and I changed ICE 4 months back with F60BT from accessory shop in delhi itself.And let me tell you fit n finish is proper.Don't go for caska or even map my india as casks don't have any good reviews.If you want I can give you the number of the guy who installed this in my car and it won't void your warranty also.
You can check pictures in the Accessory for honda city forum.That shop is located in kirti nagar.
Yes. I've seen your review (infact have already bookmarked it for long). The new Caska tempted me a bit because it supports 100% steering controls, all 3 rear view modes and the new one has MHL and many other features. But I agree it might not be a trustworthy brand. I searched and couldn't find any shop of it in Delhi/NCR.

You don't have to think so much! Blindly go for caska. Initially I was not very happy but when compared to other systems caska was way ahead! You can also check in my thread.

Don't bother with these overpriced Junk.

Get a good tablet worth 15k. Install Here maps and enable offline mode. Fill Fuel worth saved 35k and go on a nice trip.
if i really want go for the bigger screen and multi functional touch screen...
what do you suggest for this....??

Top Bottom