Music System For Hyundai Grand i10 (Upto Rs.20K)

Thread Starter #1
the stock music system can be installed for 16.5k with 4 speaker included but i din like how it looks much and prob sounds average too. the dealer then showed me a blaupunkt made hyundai touch screen system for 32 k which felt way too overpriced. Does hyundai allow other brand to be installed ? i dont wanna lose warranty for new car.
also those who are ok with not high bass is coax speakers ok ? basically if car system produces same quality as my iphone 6 earphones im ok with it [embarass] i heard for components u need amplifier too which makes em costly

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Get a double din head unit for 6-8k rs. You can get sony , blaupunkt and pioneer. Pioneer will be expensive than the two.
You won't get the maximum output from components without an amplifier.
Get 2 speakers for the front door ( don't remember the size) 2 speakers on the parcel tray 6×9.

This will easily come below 20k rs.

Thread Starter #3
What im thinking is invest more in head unit as speaker upgrade is cheaper. so i was thinking buy a Pioneer AVH 2790BT for 15k on paytm. buy two or 4 speaker for 4k. get free installation with paytm and 1k for any extra connector etc they use.

From my research this seems best mid range video HU. any opinions everyone ???

What im thinking is invest more in head unit as speaker upgrade is cheaper. so i was thinking buy a Pioneer AVH 2790BT for 15k on paytm. buy two or 4 speaker for 4k. get free installation with paytm and 1k for any extra connector etc they use.

From my research this seems best mid range video HU. any opinions everyone ???
Wrong!! Of course you need a good HU but Speakers are the ones which will make you sing along !! It is a good HU from Pioneer , I suggest you buy from flipkart or any other retailers as paytm have issues with warranty for the product . They seem to run discounts all the year though Im skeptical about the product's authenticity and warranty. For peace of mind, go to a Shop nearby and get installed the above mentioned Speakers !! A Pair of 6*9 coaxials from Jbl would cost you around 5k .

Thread Starter #5
Wrong!! Of course you need a good HU but Speakers are the ones which will make you sing along !! It is a good HU from Pioneer , I suggest you buy from flipkart or any other retailers as paytm have issues with warranty for the product . They seem to run discounts all the year though Im skeptical about the product's authenticity and warranty. For peace of mind, go to a Shop nearby and get installed the above mentioned Speakers !! A Pair of 6*9 coaxials from Jbl would cost you around 5k .
at shop they had mentioned i can get 4 speakers for 4500. which one do u suggest ? i will see rates in shops also of this HU. Also is it fine to buy 2 good speaker now and add 2 more next month at back if needed ? will they again open up everything in car for installing the 2 rear speaker as im scared that leads to rattles etc. I'm anyway gonna drive alone so why have speaker at back anyway. Does 4 speaker make better surround sound or something. i'm kinda very new to all this.

It seems coax will be fine for me n no need of components. i will listen to both type at shop though.

I don't know what the shop is offering you for 4500. Yes you can add Speakers later !! No need to strip down anything unless you install components and crossovers in your front door . For the Rear parcel tray, its just a simple job installing 6*9 coaxials so no need to worry !! You need a 4 speaker setup for decent sound quality !! You can purchase HU online if the prices are good as we can purchase a good set of speakers for that cost !! If you don't need touchscreen and video output , there are several 2 Din HUs ranging from 8k !! Don't compromise on Speakers at any cost !!

Thread Starter #7
I don't know what the shop is offering you for 4500. Yes you can add Speakers later !! No need to strip down anything unless you install components and crossovers in your front door . For the Rear parcel tray, its just a simple job installing 6*9 coaxials so no need to worry !! You need a 4 speaker setup for decent sound quality !! You can purchase HU online if the prices are good as we can purchase a good set of speakers for that cost !! If you don't need touchscreen and video output , there are several 2 Din HUs ranging from 8k !! Don't compromise on Speakers at any cost !!
actually im not big on sound quality nor do I listen to loud music. But that touch screen HU look futuristic and nice

1) The thing is if I spend 10k on basic non touch HU fr 9-10k and spend like 7-8 k on good 4 speaker it will cost nearly 17k.

2) But spending 15k on touch HU. plus 4 k on 2 good front speaker i become future proof plus with a good looking video HU n can also add a rear view cam fr only 1k extra fr cam module. Il just need to add 2 rear speaker if around quality needs to be made further good. No compromise on qualityntoo since.instead if gettin 4 cheap speaker il get 2 + 2 great speaker. Il be getting diwali bonus of 12k in nov so by then il add 2 speaker as current ly budget tight.

Isnt option 2 better logically. Only issue is installing 2 times if speaker in just front dont feel good.

Last edited:
Il be getting diwali bonus of 12k in nov so by then il add 2 speaker as current ly budget tight.

Isnt option 2 better logically. Only issue is installing 2 times if speaker in just front dont feel good.
You should have told this earlier Go ahead and install HU you chose and prefer JBL Speakers for the front . I don't know whether coaxials can be fitted on the front.Your shop should be able to guide you. Good luck!!

@puneet848 - Get the head unit of your choice, and first contact the concerned brand (Pioneer in this case) whether warranty will be valid on online purchases. Then proceed by getting components for the front doors. 4k-5k would give you some good sounding components from JBL, Pioneer and similar brands. Don't worry. If you are at the front seat mostly, rear coaxials aren't needed for time being. Get 6x9 coaxials installed later on which would cost another 4k, and front door pads will be opened only once while wiring dor the front components. You can ask them to lay down the wires for the rear beforehand to avoid opening the dashboard twice. 6x9 coaxials will need wiring to run along the door sills and won't need opening of doorpads.

@Sarath01 - Yes coaxials can be installed at the front. Coaxials are not only 6"x9" as many of us believe, they are available in round 4" or 6" sizes also.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks. Thinking of getting front and rear coax only of good quality. No.components as too much opening and cutting of doors in them

Thanks. Thinking of getting front and rear coax only of good quality. No.components as too much opening and cutting of doors in them
Why? Components have a mid bass, a tweeter and a crossover. No cutting required. Doorpad will be opened anyway to install ANY type of speaker.

I suggest components as they will provide distinction of different frequencies and will not turn muddy at high volumes like the coaxials. In components, bass comes from main midbass unit and vocals come from tweeters. In a coaxial, all the sound frequencies come from a same unit.

Mid bass will be fitted in original location, crossover can be fitted inside the door pad (no major cutting, drilling required, it just needs to hold on securely to something) and the tweeters can be placed on dashboard (or stock location if there is a provision in your car).

Thread Starter #12
Okay. Actually I dont listen to music at high volume so thought components not needed. Coax pair fr front round speaker start frm 1800 pair fr sony explod and very good coax ones dealer said are for 3800 pair

Okay. Actually I dont listen to music at high volume so thought components not needed. Coax pair fr front round speaker start frm 1800 pair fr sony explod and very good coax ones dealer said are for 3800 pair
Rs. 1800 for Sony coax are okay but I would suggest you to go for some better brands like JBL, Pioneer or Balupunkt which would cost between 2-3k per pair. Which brand were the "very good coax" from the dealer? For Rs. 4000, you can try to get Hertz or Infinity coax which would be much better in terms of sound reproduction. Check online prices at Snapdeal, they might give you an idea.

I would say go for your desired HU within Rs. 15k, and get only front coaxials upto Rs. 4k and get the complete wiring done (for the rear also), so that you have to just plug and play the rear coaxials when you'll install them. For 8k (4k + 4k), you'll easuly get some decent sounding coaxials paired with your touchscreen HU.

Thread Starter #14
Rs. 1800 for Sony coax are okay but I would suggest you to go for some better brands like JBL, Pioneer or Balupunkt which would cost between 2-3k per pair. Which brand were the "very good coax" from the dealer? For Rs. 4000, you can try to get Hertz or Infinity coax which would be much better in terms of sound reproduction. Check online prices at Snapdeal, they might give you an idea.

I would say go for your desired HU within Rs. 15k, and get only front coaxials upto Rs. 4k and get the complete wiring done (for the rear also), so that you have to just plug and play the rear coaxials when you'll install them. For 8k (4k + 4k), you'll easily get some decent sounding coaxials paired with your touchscreen HU.
thanks. i will do same only you advised to get 2 speakers and put wiring for 4 incase needed in future. Hope sound quality with just 2 speaker in front will be ok.

Pioneer avh 279BT is fr 14k , if i add budget to 18k i get 2790BT which has added mirrorlink feature and 13 band eq instead of 5. Brand for the 4k pair coax i forgot.

Btw can one add just 2 front components ? or with component i need to add coax in rear door also ?
Also is stripping down door and dash same in both comp and coax speaker ? i know tweeter will need to be drilled into door or dash but anything else ? like is in comps. full door is disassembled to fix the crossover box ?

Last edited:
thanks. i will do same only you advised to get 2 speakers and put wiring for 4 incase needed in future. Hope sound quality with just 2 speaker in front will be ok.

Pioneer avh 279BT is fr 14k , if i add budget to 18k i get 2790BT which has added mirrorlink feature and 13 band eq instead of 5. Brand for the 4k pair coax i forgot.

Btw can one add just 2 front components ? or with component i need to add coax in rear door also ?
Also is stripping down door and dash same in both comp and coax speaker ? i know tweeter will need to be drilled into door or dash but anything else ? like is in comps. full door is disassembled to fix the crossover box ?
Sound would be okay but front biased when you'll install only front speakers. When you add rear speakers, the sound would be more fuller and will give you a surround effect.

AVH2790 is better obviously, it gives Mirrorlink and also has 3 Preouts (4V). AVH279 IIRC has 2 Preouts of 2V each. It would be a good investment incase you add a subwoofer later.

Yes you can add just 2 components. Front and rear is totally seperate, you can add only front, only rear or all. The door, if you would have noticed, has a doorpad which comes out entirely as a single part. You cannot add any speaker (coax or component) without opening the single piece doorpad. Now with coaxials, you have to just replace your OEM speaker with that one and you're done. With components, you have to secure crossover somewhere (in already opened doorpad, no further opening of anything) and wire the tweeter and paste it in the dashboard (instead of drilling) which can be done without opening any further thing.

Hope it cleared everything regarding install. See, opening of doorpad (or any part) is same in both cases. With components, you just have to place (stick) the tweeter on the dashboard and place (secure) the crossover somewhere inside the doorpad. So basically stripping down is same in both cases.

Top Bottom