| | Hyundai Verna (2015) Music System Tweaking
I finally managed to open my 2015 fluidic verna music system for adding a sub woofer
1. remove the two locks at the side wall of the glove box from inside and remove the glove box completely so that you will get space to enter your hands behind the music system.
2. access the top most lock of the wooden grill of the music system and push it outwards by finger. you cannot remove the grill without pushing this lock first.
3. slowly pull the grill by unlocking all the locks one by one moving counterclockwise. There are total 6 locks on the grill. no locks at the bottom of grill.
4. now remove the AC control unit by unplugging the three connectors. mind the color of the two extreme connectors, as you may exchange them while fitting the unit back.
5. remove the head unit four screws and the unit is out.
You will be disappointed to see that there is no auxiliary out in the unit to drive an external amp directly.
I designed my own circuit to do the job. I took the inputs directly from the two rear speakers. Keep in mind not to connect any of the speaker wire to the ground as the amplifier inside the head unit is of bridge type. the outputs are not referenced to the ground. they alternately swing from positive to negative.
my circuit is working absolutely fine in the mentioned configuration.
Get this circuit made from and electronics expert otherwise you may be ending up with a toasted head unit which will cost you more than 10000 ( I guess).
Hope this thread will help you tweaking your verna in a descent manner.
Please mail me in case you require further help.