Music System & Speakers for Palio D 1.9 (2004 Model)

Thread Starter #1
On Sunday, I have purchased Fiat Palio D 1.9 Diesel Car (2004 Model). I still haven't drove the car, but I liked it when it was handled by the mechanic. Front and Backseat comforts are great. As of now, Its in the garage for some service and hopefully I get it on the weekend. [:)]

I would like to install a Music System with decent sounding speakers.

My Requirements:
- 1 Din Music System
- Should be capable of playing FLAC, MP3, WAV etc.
- Bluetooth (With Audio Streaming)
- Should have front USB, Aux and other goodies.
- Decent sounding Front & Rear Speakers. ( I exactly don't know the size of the front speakers, But it may not be more than 5 or 6 inches and the rear speaker should be 4 inches)

Considerations :
- Head Unit: Sofar, Iam thinking about Sony MEX-N4150BT . The main reason to select this one is, It can handle FLAC format files (Most of the times I hear music in FLAC only) + It offers Inbuilt Bluetooth With Handsfree Calling & Streaming Audio.

- Front Speakers: Rockford Fosgate P1675S 2-Way Component Car Speaker (120 watt) for the fronts. I heard these speakers are very good, but not sure whether they would fit for Palio Front side space. Your inputs would be vital and If its good to capture, Paytm offering 46% Discount Plus 25% Cashback on them. Effective Price would be Rs. 5617. Is that Paytm offer is good enough to pick?

- Still, lots of confusion on Rear Speakers. So, no consideration yet.

My Budget will be 15 K and If needed, can be extended for another 5k. Your recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Raaj.

Let us assume you budget of 15-20k, and you need an HU, Front and Rear Speakers.

You can set aside 2k first as wiring, labour, parcel tray, spacers and other small items to make sure you do not overshoot your budget at the end moment. A 1DIN Head Unit would cost upwards of 5k (though I am not sure) for offering bluetooth streaming. JVC and Pioneer offer decent units and are much safer option than Sony if you have future upgrade in mind.

I don't think 56xx would be a good price for components. You can get tested JBL or Pioneer components under 5k easily. First I would suggest you to check out the variety and prices at offline shops before ordering anything online.

For rear speakers, you can check out 6x9 coaxials from JBL (GTO series) or Pioneer. They would cost you around 3k for decent sounding units. I would suggest you to demo these speakers and also let us know your music taste to suggest you better.

Divide your budget in the following manner -

Head unit with BT/Aux/USB - Rs. 5-7k Approx
Front Components - Rs. 4-6k Approx
Rear 6x9 Coaxials - Rs. 3-5k Approx
Other Miscellaneous Items (Wiring, labour, tray) - Rs. 2k Approx

Total - Rs. 14-20k Approx.

You have lots of options to choose from in this range. Do give some more details before you decide.

Top Bottom