Ultra Low Budget Component Speaker

Thread Starter #5
i asked my installer he said he has only sony is low budget,he dont have Vtrek compos,here in kolkata compos are not so common IMO.

Thread Starter #7
[shock] dont make fun of me,its just an avtar i like jbl thats why i am using it no offence.

even i want a jbl compo in my car but they are too expensive,i am not sure about price but 608c has price tag (Mrp) of 7k.

Last edited:
Oh OK! :biggrin:
Don't look at the MRP, that's where you're going all wrong. The 4290 SD has an MRP of Rs 10k, but retails at about 7k. Around 3/4 of the MRP = Street Price. 608C Will cost you 5,500. I think you will be able to find the base models for about Rs 35000-4000. I believe JBL, irrespective of the model will be better. Let Raj Comment on this.

Thread Starter #9
Oh OK! :biggrin:
Don't look at the MRP, that's where you're going all wrong. The 4290 SD has an MRP of Rs 10k, but retails at about 7k. Around 3/4 of the MRP = Street Price. 608C Will cost you 5,500. I think you will be able to find the base models for about Rs 35000-4000. I believe JBL, irrespective of the model will be better. Let Raj Comment on this.
thanks[:D]
i am asking MRP just for my idea i know maximum of ice products comes in 25-30% discount.my budget is 3-3.5k max.if i get a base model jbl for 3.5k i will go for jbl for sure.

i asked my installer he said he has only sony is low budget,he dont have Vtrek compos,here in kolkata compos are not so common IMO.
thats the reason i dint suggest Vtrek earlier.

Tell me something - are you going for compos, just for the sake of it, that is, to show off, like your sub? or do you actually want to good quality music?

if its just for show off, better buy a 6" round speakers (Rs. 2000-2500) & add a pair of tweeters to it (any brand, Rs. 500). this is the cheapest option. of course, there wont be any crossover & so you want have quality sound, but yes, your car will have a tweeter.

if you are looking for quality sound, dont bother buying the sony comps. the RMS is just 60W & sensitivity is just 88 db/w/m. add Rs. 1000-1500 more & buy JBL comps.

the 608C will cost you around Rs. 4500. the RMS in JBL is 70W & sensitivity is 92 db/w/m. mind you, i mentioned this since you are interested in specs, i am hardly bothered!

@Raj. I might need basic comps for my Indigo in the near future, so can you tell me how much basic JBL comps will cost me, and will they be better than Sony comps?

Thread Starter #13
thats the reason i dint suggest Vtrek earlier.

no i am not only talking about Vtrek but any brand,i havent seen any compo in kolkata yet.

Tell me something - are you going for compos, just for the sake of it, that is, to show off, like your sub? or do you actually want to good quality music?

not only for spl but sq also.

if its just for show off, better buy a 6" round speakers (Rs. 2000-2500) & add a pair of tweeters to it (any brand, Rs. 500). this is the cheapest option. of course, there wont be any crossover & so you want have quality sound, but yes, your car will have a tweeter.

i have 5'' ultimate speaker they are not good and i think again buying a simple 6'' round speaker is not a good idea or upgrade.another reason is sound stage, right now its very poor in my car.i am 100% on driving seat,so a compo will help me,correct me if i am wrong.

if you are looking for quality sound, dont bother buying the sony comps. the RMS is just 60W & sensitivity is just 88 db/w/m. add Rs. 1000-1500 more & buy JBL comps.

the 608C will cost you around Rs. 4500. the RMS in JBL is 70W & sensitivity is 92 db/w/m. mind you, i mentioned this since you are interested in specs, i am hardly bothered!
i am not very interested in specs,but when i am on my laptop i can only compare price and specs,i know its not the best idea but cant help it.
i can give an example here just to prove my knowledge [evil] a jbl 6x9 65 watt speake is much batter then sony 6x9 65 watt but here we have to keep this in mind they dont cost same.but jbl cost just 500-600 more so jbl is still better then sony.[clap]

@Raj. I might need basic comps for my Indigo in the near future, so can you tell me how much basic JBL comps will cost me, and will they be better than Sony comps?
your max budget?

i am not very interested in specs,but when i am on my laptop i can only compare price and specs,i know its not the best idea but cant help it.
i can give an example here just to prove my knowledge [evil] a jbl 6x9 65 watt speake is much batter then sony 6x9 65 watt but here we have to keep this in mind they dont cost same.but jbl cost just 500-600 more so jbl is still better then sony.[clap]
Rs. 500-600 is not a huge difference buddy.

Top Bottom