Coaxial Speakers Choice

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I originally had Polk db651 speakers in the front & infinity 6502ix speakers in the passenger doors in my swift. But there was water ingress into the driver door & one one polk conked off twice. When given for repair the speaker got stolen from the shop leaving me with one polk. Now i have obtained waterguard speaker covers & am going to get the MASS to replace the rubbers. So i need to plan purchase of new speakers .
I have noticed that the polks are quieter but more pleasant whereas the infinitys are louder but not as pleasant on the ear. Someone offered me Audio-system make speakers at 5k (which i cant find anything about on the net) whereas the infinity is available for 2.7k and polk for 3.5k. Which speakers should i go for?

Ameyam

Hi ameyan ,

Here is a list of options you can consider for your upgrade .
please not that the list is as per descending order that is from best - better - good.

1- Alpine SPR 60

2- Rockford Fosgate Power T1675

3- Polk Audio DB651

Thread Starter #3
Hi,

Do you have these speakers? I would prefer Pold db651 as I already have one- it will be spare in case any other speaker conks off. My only concern with getting Polk is the difference in impedance. The Infinity speakers have 2ohm impedance whereas the Polks have 4ohm. So that may be the reason for the difference in the sound levels.

Ameyam

Top Bottom