Chevrolet Beat Speaker Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post so please forgive me if there are any unintentional mistakes.
So I have a 2010 Chevrolet Beat petrol version.
The car was not in use for a while and now I wish to use it regularly. So I went and got a audio setup done in my car, as I am not a expert in ICE matters so I went with the basic setup which my shopkeeper suggested me.
So the setup which he suggested and I have right now are as follows:-
1. Sony head unit
2.For front he gave me the Sony XS-GTF10382
3.For the rear 2 speakers mounted on the MDF boards I have the JVC DRV series CS-V267
So this the basic setup and it costed me about 7,500, btw I am from Kolkata.
The sound clarity is great and its pretty loud.
Now coming to the question, although sound quality is awesome but the rear JVCs are lacking the depth.
By depth I dont mean sub woofer depth, as I am a basshead so I know the bass and sound pressure levels of a sub.
Now my question is as I dont want to install a sub woofer in the boot of my car as I think that a sub woofer is not ideal for a hatchback, so I need your advice on changing the rear speakers.
I have chosen 2 speakers pls suggest which one would be better.
1. JBL GTO 950SI
2. Pioneer A395H

So these are within my budget and seem to be good on paper so please help me out. Plus I am open to any new suggestion and options. Thank you.

As you have already thought about, 6x9 oval speakers gives better bass than the round coaxials. IMO JBL GTO is a better option to go for. Make sure the RMS Power output per speaker channel of your HU is at par or little lower than your speaker RMS output. The point is the HU should be able to drive the speakers the way it is supposed to be.

Hi, this is my first post so please forgive me if there are any unintentional mistakes.
The car was not in use for a while and now I wish to use it regularly. So I went and got a audio setup done in my car, as I am not a expert in ICE matters so I went with the basic setup which my shopkeeper suggested me.
1. Sony head unit
3.For the rear 2 speakers mounted on the MDF boards I have the JVC DRV series CS-V267
Now coming to the question, although sound quality is awesome but the rear JVCs are lacking the depth.
By depth I dont mean sub woofer depth, as I am a basshead so I know the bass and sound pressure levels of a sub.
Now my question is as I dont want to install a sub woofer in the boot of my car as I think that a sub woofer is not ideal for a hatchback, so I need your advice on changing the rear speakers.
1. JBL GTO 950SI
2. Pioneer A395H

So these are within my budget and seem to be good on paper so please help me out. Plus I am open to any new suggestion and options. Thank you.
Hello dear !
JBL GTO series speakers are very good and powerful performers . But they can't perform without an amplifier . Almost every HU can produce approximately 20w RMS power only. And GTOs can handle 100-125 watts RMS. So you will get only 1/5th power only from your HU. You need at least 60-70 watts RMS per channel to enjoy GTOs .

1. Sony head unit
1. JBL GTO 950SI
2. Pioneer A395H

i will suggest you go for GTO series any day, awesome sound clarity, deep bass and fulfill all your needs,i have used GTO 949 in my chevy spark for more than 2 years and never had any problem, mine were placed on the parcel tray on the boot, btw few months ago i added a pioneer 1300w subwoofer my ride with JBL GX-A644si 4 channel amp, also connected to the speakers.
speakers have really good bass even without using an amplifier

is it wise to us amp for rear speakers, someone told me that it will ruin the speakers @saroya
It depends on which speakers and amplifier you are using there should be an impedance match on the both and amplifiers output should not be more than the RMS power of the speakers, and certainly amplifiers are meant to give better sound.[clap]

is it wise to us amp for rear speakers, someone told me that it will ruin the speakers @saroya
no if you will use the correct setting and will not push the speakers to their limits, there will be no problem. GTOs are built to perform with amplifiers.
in my optra my JBL GTO 935 speakers on rear parcel tray are connected to amplifier and working perfectly.

Top Bottom