Installing Basstube in Chevrolet Cruze

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I have chevrolet cruze 2009 model done 80k kms.
It is having four speakers in four doors but the qaulity of sound has decreased and i wanted to install jbl basstube so can anyony figure out me which jbl aur which amplifier match each other because i have no idea abt it.
I have searched little bit on net about jbl 1300t basstube is it good one ??
Can i buy online and will get fitted by local accessories store ??

Re: Installing basstube in Cruze need help

Hi, welcome to TAI brother [:D].
Please give some details about your Current setup. Like your HU, speakers, sub and amp etc. Decrease in SQ means your speakers are not working properly , if they are 5-6 years old then probably need replacement. Give your budget and what type of SQ do you want?

Hi, i too have 2009 Chevrolet cruze 55k kms.
what music system you had???
How is the vehicle after 80k kms is maintanance is high? I think stock music player didn't have amplifier support.

Thread Starter #4
Hi, welcome to TAI brother [:D].
Please give some details about your Current setup. Like your HU, speakers, sub and amp etc. Decrease in SQ means your speakers are not working properly , if they are 5-6 years old then probably need replacement. Give your budget and what type of SQ do you want?
See bro i have only 4 speakers at 4 doors company fitted nothing changed its works like kaam chalau but i want to some bass in my car so my friend told me to get a basstube of jbl which is best and then i searched on net and found jbl 1300t model but don't about amplifier which will support and what is 2 pin or 4 pin can anyone explain me becoz i'm a noob in this.
And Hu,amp i don't understood bro what are you asking coz i don't know abt this.

Hi, i too have 2009 Chevrolet cruze 55k kms.
what music system you had???
How is the vehicle after 80k kms is maintanance is high? I think stock music player didn't have amplifier support.
I have only company fitted speakers still working now but i like to change and order online but don't know what size speakers it is??
After 80k kms car clutch has become very hard i think pressure plate and clutch finger has become hard and also suspension is leaked and lower arm and armrod is also gone.Now i have to give a proper servicing of the car.
And bro which music system you have ??

See bro i have only 4 speakers at 4 doors company fitted nothing changed its works like kaam chalau but i want to some bass in my car so my friend told me to get a basstube of jbl which is best and then i searched on net and found jbl 1300t model but don't about amplifier which will support and what is 2 pin or 4 pin can anyone explain me becoz i'm a noob in this.
And Hu,amp i don't understood bro what are you asking coz i don't know abt this.
Ok. But adding just a bass tube to your current setup will not increse SQ. It will add only boom boom sound nothing else. Vocals and all high frequency sound will remain same. If you are satisfied with current level of sound and missing some bass only? Then you can add the sub or basstube, otherwise you need to change the speakers first.
There is three type of bass producing systems available. Sub in a sealed enclosure ( for crip thumping bass only), bass tube ( for boom boom type bass, no crispy thumps), Sub in a ported or vented enclosure ( for both thump + boom boom).

I have only company fitted speakers still working now but i like to change and order online but don't know what size speakers it is??
After 80k kms car clutch has become very hard i think pressure plate and clutch finger has become hard and also suspension is leaked and lower arm and armrod is also gone.Now i have to give a proper servicing of the car.
And bro which music system you have ??
I have stock music system but now thinking to change music system. Now my stock music system giving problems. It's showing locked. Have you changed timing belt???
yes bro clutch is very hard.
Btw, what is the mileage your cruze giving?.
clutch overhaul is costly bro.

Thread Starter #7
Ok. But adding just a bass tube to your current setup will not increse SQ. It will add only boom boom sound nothing else. Vocals and all high frequency sound will remain same. If you are satisfied with current level of sound and missing some bass only? Then you can add the sub or basstube, otherwise you need to change the speakers first.
There is three type of bass producing systems available. Sub in a sealed enclosure ( for crip thumping bass only), bass tube ( for boom boom type bass, no crispy thumps), Sub in a ported or vented enclosure ( for both thump + boom boom).
Bro now i have to do my car servicing also that's why my budget is low.
I'm planning now to just put up basstube and later on change all four speakers but now its only for bass.Can you please suggest the approx costing for gud bass tube and other things required for basstube.how is Jbl 1300t basstube will it give sound outer than car ? ifno then which bass should i go for and what amplifier,etc

I have stock music system but now thinking to change music system. Now my stock music system giving problems. It's showing locked. Have you changed timing belt???
yes bro clutch is very hard.
Btw, what is the mileage your cruze giving?.
clutch overhaul is costly bro.
approx 10 km mileage is giving and yours
my model is LTZ

I'm planning now to just put up basstube and later on change all four speakers but now its only for bass.Can you please suggest the approx costing for gud bass tube and other things required for basstube.how is Jbl 1300t basstube will it give sound outer than car ? ifno then which bass should i go for and what amplifier,etc
You need to understand first that the output of your subwoofer must match almost exactly with the output of your speakers. For Eg. if you have a 300 Watt RMS subwoofer , your 4 speakers totally must have an RMS of 300 Watts or slightly more.

I doubt each of your stock speakers are more than 20 Watt RMS , so for 4 speakers your total RMS is only 80 Watts. So if you put a basstube of 300 Watt RMS , you will only hear the boom boom sound and no vocals or music. You are wasting money. First please look at upgrading your speakers , do it step by step if you don't have money now.

Thread Starter #9
Bro see 10k to 20k budget is mine so suggest me the best i can go for for best vocal + bass in my car and little bit sound boom boom outer the car also.
please talk on https://www.facebook.com/ishwar.deep.1 its getting very late to reply here

You need to understand first that the output of your subwoofer must match almost exactly with the output of your speakers. For Eg. if you have a 300 Watt RMS subwoofer , your 4 speakers totally must have an RMS of 300 Watts or slightly more.

I doubt each of your stock speakers are more than 20 Watt RMS , so for 4 speakers your total RMS is only 80 Watts. So if you put a basstube of 300 Watt RMS , you will only hear the boom boom sound and no vocals or music. You are wasting money. First please look at upgrading your speakers , do it step by step if you don't have money now.
Ok thnx for the info bro
Now tell me what should i change now ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok. I will suggest you to listen ICE systems fitted with basstube and Subs to know the difference between two. Then you can decide which one you want?.
There is a good combo of JBL 1200w basstube and pioneer amp and will cost you arround 12-13k including wiring kit and labour charges.
http://snapdeal.com/product/pioneer-gma3602-2channel-bridgeable-amplifier/1170634298?tag=
http://http://snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gtx-1200t-subwoofer-tube/1705914197

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

I want to listen it bro.
Ok if i install jbl 1200 with amplifier then it will give vocal and bass both at same time.????
Jbl 1200 or 1300 which one is good ??

Thread Starter #14
Can any one tell me which one will suit for all four doors speakers i have decided to change my all stock speakers.
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jblcx63si-car-speaker/1606040978#bcrumbLabelId:311
OR
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-cx-62si-65-inches/512490961#bcrumbLabelId:311

??
will it give me good vocal after installing basstube of jbl 1300t and amplifier with boom boom + vocal also ?

Thanks for details bro.
So tell me which jbl cx63 or jbl cx62 speakers for four speakers is how much RMS so that is should suit jbl 1300t basstube ??

Thread Starter #15
So i have decide that on my tight budget i'm going to change all four doors stock speakers and install jbl coasxial speakers model:Jbl CX63SI and bass tube of JBL 1300t with pioneer amplifier.
So this setup will give me clarity sound plus good bass in my car ??

Top Bottom