Hyundai Eon: Advice Needed on ICE Modifications

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I got a Hyundai eon era+ last month, which came with out any ICE.
I had a old santro that was exchanged to get this new car and from which I retained Kenwood head unit and JBL 6*9 speakers. Now I got Polk speakers and thorough a friend of mine, who knew a installer, got all these installed.

The current setup goes like this,
Head unit : Kenwood KDC mp6043u
Front components : Polk db6501 6.5"
Real parcel tray : JBL GT5 369

Both speakers are driven through head unit.

Now the issue is I am not satisfied with midbass. Highs are little bright but I like it that way (had used Polk tweeters before and I liked them a lot). Further the sound starts to jitter at higher volumes.
I am not sure what I should do next damping front doors or a 4 channel amp. My budget is limited to 10k. Is it possible to get a good 4channel amp,wiring and damping all done in 10k :). Well sorry if it sounded greedy.

BTW the Polks are new and have not broken in yet ( the system has been used for less than 10hours),so will there be significant difference in midbass after that ?.
Please also do suggest for a good 4 channel amplifier. I had initially looked at hertz 4 and Rockford fosgate r240-4. However after reading forums settled for Kenwood M846. So it this OK?, as my priority is sound quality and bass should only blend to produce a good sound stage.
Sorry for the long post.I am a little confused and given the budget constraints want maximum clarity possible for the money.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Hyundai eon - advise needed on ICE modification

A little more research results in more confusion[frustration]
Blaupunkt 470 DSP - is it worth considering ?. Given that my front components are little bright I want the amplifier to be neutral. Am I right ?.So guys please do help me.

I already made the mistake of splicing the harness while installation of HU,don't[clap] wanna make any more mistakes. Therefore request you to suggest a good installer in chennai, who also has knowledge in tuning.

Appreciate your time and knowledge.

Top Bottom