Music System Honda Brio

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I have recently purchased my new Baby Honda( Brio ) and I am going to take delivery on next Saturday.I am really in love with it however,being a student (IITian[:D]) I couldn't afford more and bought base version.

I am planning to install music system however available head units in the market are didnt worth the penny and I am thinking to do something Interesting.

Here are my questions
1) Can I use tablet as head unit(so that i can also use it during off-driving moments) and bluetooth speakers ?????
2) another option is to use cheap 1 din head unit and 4/2 car speakers(simle but kills look of my baby Honda).
3) Any other option n budget of 8k?
4) since honda is rude enough not to give 12V power outlet,not even wirings,but I do have all the wirings needed for music system and big empty space for music system,can I connect my 12V power outlet over there?

Thanks,
Darshak

Hi Darshak, First of all welcome to TAI. The interiors of a car is the worst place to enjoy music due to its irregular shape and non-acoustic-friendly contours. ICE is anyday a compromise, so bluetooth speakers won't give the desired output the way you enjoy it in a room. But again that all depends on how big an audiophile you are.

2&3) There are 2DIN units without LCD screen (Eg:Pioneer FH-X369) which comes in the budget of a 1DIN unit without affecting the aesthetics. Either you can go for it with a pair of 6x9 speakers in the rear and upgrade step by step by adding front components and amplifiers as it comes. Or else you can wait for the moment and later add a 2DIN player with screen and other components when your budget permits.

4) There are spare points available in the fuse box which can be used for the 12V Socket. No need to use up the wiring for music player. I have done the same in my Brio. Have a look at the 'Honda Brio: Problems & Solutions' thread.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks a tonne for your suggestions.

If I install aftermarket music system and speakers,will it void my warranty?

Thanks,

If I install aftermarket music system and speakers,will it void my warranty?
Probably this is the most frequently asked query in the whole ICE section here. If you are not cutting any stock wires it won't void the warranty. Nowadays almost all professional installers are well aware of this warranty thing and they use proper wiring harnesses/ wiring kits/ adapters for all aftermarket installs. But still on the safer side and also for your satisfaction you can stand by the installer and make sure he is not cutting any wires while installing the HU.

In most cases the 'warranty will get void' is a hoodwink used by the car dealer to forcibly make the customer buy the heavily overpriced accessories they sell. Don't fall prey to such marketing techniques which are not pocket-friendly.

Last edited:

Top Bottom