Honda City SV 2014 Head Unit Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Real useful information in this forum provided by stalwarts- glad to have joined this site..
Have a few queries to be resolved before I buy the 2014 Honda city SV:-

1) Need to replace the OE provided in the Honda city SV. Looking for having Pioneer or some other recommended system having the latest features.
Please suggest alternatives. The concerns to be addressed are:-

- It should support steering wheel remote operations.
- Should fit into the HU arrangement without looking out of place.
- Need the name of a dealer in Bangalore who can do this without having any negative effect on the warranty![:)]

Can you explain why you are changing existing Head unit.
Also add the features you want.
Whatever headunit you are placing,additional charges are also included,for the panel set up to hold the unit neately( In Cars like Verna,Panel cost- 5k- As it has to integrate with the wooden finish )

If you are looking for ICE upgrade only for Bluetooth function,as well as Multimedia Playback.
You can try brands that offer devices attached to Windshield or IRVM.

Thread Starter #3
Not too keen on having the 3.5 inch OEM screen, besides I would want to have a single one for the nav/media/rev cam etc.

Ready to splurge that extra on the panel too.

That's why the thought of replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too keen on having the 3.5 inch OEM screen.. besides I would want to have a single one for the nav/media/rev cam etc...
Ready to splurge that extra on the panel too...Thats why the thought of replacement...
The cost of HUs with integrated navigation is on the higher side as you must be knowing. But I would suggest not to go for Caska HU
from the Honda dealer. Have a look at Pioneer AVIC-F60BT, its a good HU with navigation and great sound, search by the name in this
forum for installed pics. It supports steering wheel controls as well.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thnx Buddy, you are right. Definitely not the caska. it was the one which the dealer was offering. downright rejected it.

Will see couple of other Pioneer HUs too. Thanks for pointing out the latest one from them.

Steering wheel controls is a must even if an interface support is required![:)]

One Good Reason for someone to change the HU is that the scan option in the OEM HU sucks. The folder structure in the Pen Drives don't get read as they are, if is a combined view of folder in folder which makes u scroll until the last. Obviously the characteristics of OEM HU is the satisfy of the factor of head-unit being there an no technicalities or not for any audiophile.

I have a Honda City VX (2015) for which I wanted to change the HU as I felt the navigation to files in a USB/IPOD sucks big time and not user friendly and output quality was very ok and nothing beneficial for the customers.

Wanted a good quality Double Din music player with Bluetooth and USB options (kind of equivalent to my earlier Single DIN Kenwood X994), not was not mandatory. So after a bit of research and discussion I figured that they were no good music players in Double Din without DVD options or Touch without Bluetooth and so and so forth. Finally had to settle down between a Pioneer 2790BT and 5790BT. Here comes another challenge, between both the players the specification seems to same with the difference being in the size of the screen

5790 BT has 7 Inches, motorized panel for the CD slot & 2790 BT has a 6.2 Inches screen and has the CD slot above the screen as the screen size is smaller. Apart from these two difference I dont find any major difference (as compared in the Pionner India Website). With the difference boiling down to just these two the price seems difference seems to 4K to 5K.

5790BT - Rs 24,500/ Rs 23750 :: 2790BT - Rs 20,500/ Rs 18500

There was no mentioned about another technical aspects being different but heard/ read that the DAC is on level down in 2790Bt when compared to 5790BT.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Checked up both. I would prefer 2790 - suffices most of the requirements.
Btw- when your getting it replaced, I hope the steering audio controls would be taken care of !

I read it in one of the forums that the Pioneer 2790 or 5790 does not require a Steering interface for the 2015 Honda City. Wanting to be doubly sure asked the two of the installers one says its not require and other says its required. So for the Dash kit/ Steering interface charge is Rs 8750

The guy I had enquired with was mentioning you will need it..[surprise]
So not sure now- I guess I will also check with some more people.
Well I also changed my HU in my VX CVT 2 months back and got installed F60BT and it required interface to work with steering controls.And one more thing after installing you won't be able to connect or disconnect a phone call from steering control for that you have to use the touch screen or your cell phone.

Munish_26 thanks for your reply, Just like to know is your Honda a 2014 model ? - as I was told the circuit wire diagrams change from period to period.

The one which the installer was mentioning was for the 2015 model, which does not require an interface.

BTW how much did they charge you for F60BT ?

Last edited:
Munish_26 thanks for your reply, Just like to know is your Honda a 2014 model ? - as I was told the circuit wire diagrams change from period to period.

The one which the installer was mentioning was for the 2015 model, which does not require an interface.

BTW how much did they charge you for F60BT ?
Yes mine is 2014 model .......I paid 47k including each n everything.You can check the pictures in the accessories forum of New Honda City.

Top Bottom