Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R ICE Upgrade For Rs.15,000

Thread Starter #1
Hi to all

I am a new entrant to the website. And need some advice from the seniors.

I have a wagon-r 2006 model and i want to upgrade its music system

1.hu already fitted - Pioneer - MVH-X179UI (50 wattsX4 rms)

Now my budget is max. 15000

I want to get an amp,speakers and 2 subwoofers

I have shortlisted jbl gto 950 for speakers. Cost- 3800

It has 125 watts rms.

Can my pioneer hu drive these speakers or i need to connect to the amp??

Secondly,

I have selected jbl 1200t subwoofer (not the bass tube). i want to get that in a sealed box. Want to get two of them

It has 300 watts rms.

1 woofer costs- 2700 + 1 box -1000 = 3700

2 woofers cost - 7400

Now the problem is the amp

First of all. Which amp to get. Mono..2,3,4 channel??

Can i get sony gs 100 mono block amp??

It has 300 watt rms X 1 @4 ohms

And 600/watt rms X1/@2 ohms

Impedance of the sub is 4 ohms. If i connect the two 4 ohm subs in parallel to the mono block amp. The resulting impedance would be 2 ohms. So does that mean that i will get 600 watts rms total. And half of it i.e 300 rms in each sub??

Please answer and enlighten. I want to buy within 2 days and start rocking [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
You have not mentioned whether you are planning to install only 2 speakers in the front or another 2 speakers in the rear.

Ideally a 4 ch amplifier with an output of 50-75 rms @ 4 ohms is more than enough for your WagonR.

Option 1. You can connect a pair of components in the front with 50 rms capacity and a pair of oval 6*9" co axial speakers in the rear. Without a sub your boot space is saved.

Option 2. Front channels are used to power the front component speakers, rear channels of the sub can be used to power the sub woofer of 100-150 watts rms @ 4 ohms. (a high powered sub woofer matched with less powered speakers will give you an distorted output. so you need to choose the sub woofer rms output at a ratio of 1 or 1.5 of the combined rms out of your front speakers. i.e if combined rms output of front speakers is 100 watts rms than a subwoofer with a 100-150 watts rms may be installed). The rear oval co axials can be powered directly by your head unit. Maximum output from rear speakers can be achieved by placing them on the parcel tray instead of the tail gate.

Option 3. A 4 channel amp to power the front and rear speakers, along with a mono amp to power your sub, ( or a 5 channel to power the four speaker and the sub woofer). This option will increase your budget and best for audiophiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
The biggest problem i am facing is that there are no door slots in the front or back in whuch i can place the speakers because mine is wagon r 2006 model. It has 4 inch slots in the dash.
Can i place some decent speakers in the 4 inch dash and power them with the amp??
Are there 4 inch comps available?

i have very good experience with Polk audio DB401 4" coaxial speakers . best in 4" category.
you don't need to install two subwoofers. single 12" sub will be more than enough for any car. All you need is a good quality amp compatible with your sub.

Last edited:

Top Bottom