Videos Not Playing on JVC Car Touchscreen

Thread Starter #1
I have JVC touchscreen in car. I am trying to play videos in that (educational) of format .mp4 using 8 gb pen drive. But the videos are being played

Is it due to video format? Please advice what to do [frustration]

But the videos are being played
I think you meant "not" being played.

Anyways, what is the message being displayed on the unit? Is the pen drive being recognised? Did you try playing with a DVD/CD instead of USB?

The culprit may be a faulty format (although mp4 seems alright with most players, try 3gp also) or a faulty pendrive. HUs have a capacity for the pendrive and the pendrive must match that. For eg, the user manual of my Dzire says that pendrives upto 4GB are supported and there is a given current consumption limit also. Do check your manual for more details about the specs of the pendrives supported.

Do share more details like model of the HU for better assistance.

Thread Starter #3
Yes it says pen drive not recognised. I have tried 3-4 pen drives. I have tried out 2 gb drives also.

Model no is JVC KWAV60

If you have used different pendrives and 2GB ones also, you can safely assume something to be wrong with your HU, especially the USB Port. If it is under warranty, you can fix an appointment with your JVC Dealer or else show the unit to the aftermarket guys.

According to the product page (Double-DIN AV Receiver - KW-AV60 - Introduction), it doesn't mention about the size of the pendrive supported. But, at this price point, I am sure that 2GB pendrives are certain to be recognised.

Did you try playing music from the same pendrives?
Are you able to play videos through any other source?
Was the HU playing videos earlier and stopped all of a sudden?
Lastly, it may seem very stupid, but are you sure that the HU is capable of playing videos via pendrive?

Gurus can also help!

Last edited:
Check Video codecs,mp4 also have subcodecs, check your JVC manual for the same,i had issues with My sony XAV-68-BT, I had converted the videos into necessary format using softwares.
Its now working fine.[:)]

Is it due to video format? Please advice what to do [frustration]
Its due to the video resolution mismatch not due to format. Before getting into complex troubleshooting steps check the supported resolution and formats in the HU's 'User Manual'. In case it is not available try with different resolutions starting with the lowest. There are applications like AVC available for converting video resolutions. It is a common problem with HUs with screen and nothing big to worry about.

Edit: Supported resolution is given as 800 x 480 in the 'Specifications' page of the HU. So try with some resolution lower than this and if that works try better resolutions. Specific details like frequency response, Video DAC etc are also available in the specifications. Such details will come handy while conveting video files using the softwares.

Last edited:

Top Bottom