Amplifier For Infinity Regencies 1062w Subwoofer and Enclosure

Thread Starter #1
Hello all
This is my first query on tai so please bear me for some noob questions
I own a swift
The ice is under
Alpine cde w235 bt head unit
Soundatream lc.60 front components(love'em )
Alpine spg coaxials at back
Jbl 4 channel amp (a644si )

I was happy with the current system but saw a deal that I couldn't ignore.
I got an infinity reference 1062w subwoofer for 3700 from anapdeal so straightaway purchased it.
Now what is worrying me is the fact that how should I run the subwoofer.
I'm not game for boomy bass and want some room left in my boot.
Should I remove the coaxials from the amp and give supply to the sub or should I invest in a monoblock?
And which one on a tight budget
Thanks

Now what is worrying me is the fact that how should I run the subwoofer. I'm not game for boomy bass and want some room left in my boot.
Should I remove the coaxials from the amp and give supply to the sub or should I invest in a monoblock? And which one on a tight budget.
Better to shift the coaxials directly to HU speaker out connections and hook up the subwoofer to the bridged rear channels. From what you said above I find adding a monoblock is unnecessary, its a small car, you are not interested in spending hefty, and you are a general user like most of us. Regarding the boot space if you add an enclosure it will anyway take some space for a 10" sub, but still not too much for swift IMO ( I have a 12" sub with enclosure in the almost nonexisting boot of a Brio [lol]). You may try the "Sub in spare wheel well" setup as well with some good installer's help.

@shaan1991 : Adding amplifier to coaxials will make them clearer and louder and the experience will be better than current state. What is your current setup, and requirements, then I can suggest you accordingly. [:)]

Top Bottom