Installing Bass Tube & Amplifier in Alto. Help Needed

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAi-gers, i am planning to install a bass tube with amplifier in my alto.My budget is around 10K. I am really confused to choose. Pl help me through with the options i have guys...?

Installing a bass tube will most probably eat all your boot space. Instead you can try a sub woofer box. It will take at most half the boot space. You can try JBL 4 channel amps and JBL bass tube if you dont have a problem in compromising your boot space.
Have a look at JBL - GX-A644SI - 4 Channel Power Amplifier and JBL - GTX 1300T - 12 inch Bass Tube (1300 W). These are VFM products.

Souce: I have these two in my Honda Amaze.

Have a look at JBL - GX-A644SI - 4 Channel Power Amplifier and JBL - GTX 1300T - 12 inch Bass Tube (1300 W). These are VFM products.
I was about to suggest the same. If you have no plans for upgrading your speakers in future and only need sub in a budget you may go for monoblock or 2 channel amp. You can look for active subwoofers also.

About boot space, the tube and box enclosure are going to take some good space anyway. You may try the 'Subwoofer in spare wheel well' setup as well, if you can compromise a little on the bass.

Base tube is not a good idea atleast in alto. I removed the bass tube from my safari as it was eating up considerable space as my safari will be used for transporting goods. As memebers suggested, Install a sub .

A 2 channel AMP and a JBL sub would be good. Check out Ebay, you can get a good 2 channel AMP and a SUB.

Basstube will not be a good choice in an Alto. You will have hardly any boot space left. The subwoofer idea looks better to me. Instead of buying online, you should look at aftermarket shops, the prices are almost the same and often, the installation charges are waived off.

For amplifier, you can go for a 4 Channel JBL GTX646 if you want to upgrade in the future (to components, etc.). If further upgrade is not on your list, you can go for a 2 Channel amplifier, from JBL, Pioneer, etc. Do make sure that the amplifier you are getting has enough power to drive your subwoofer.

For subwoofers, you can try the JBL GTX1200, Pioneer Champion Series, RF RS1214. Stay away from Sony, their max power seems very high but they are not at all comparable to the above mentioned brands.

Approximate prices of the products you will need :

- 2 Channel Amp : Rs. 3000+
- 4 Channel Amp : Rs. 4000+
- Basstube (if going for one. Basstubes offer less punch than subwoofer and are good for loud bass and not enjoyable bass, i.e. SPL over SQ) : Rs. 5000+
- Enclosure (for tight bass, you can go for sealed box. Otherwise, a ported one) : Rs. 1000 (approx. price for good quality MDF boxes)
- Wiring (8 Guage wiring kits are readily available. I am using Fusion brand, high end brands have higher price) : Rs. 2000+ (for Fusion, it is 1500, for others it would be upwards of 2500/3000)
- Subwoofer : Rs. 3000 (approx. without bill and warranty. With bill and warranty, expect Rs. 600/800 more)

Installing a bass tube will most probably eat all your boot space. Instead you can try a sub woofer box. It will take at most half the boot space. You can try JBL 4 channel amps and JBL bass tube if you dont have a problem in compromising your boot space.

Souce: I have these two in my Honda Amaze.
Heyy. You still using Amaze?

Please tell me more about your audio setup.

Presently i am on stock and want to install a good bassy audio setup without compromising much on boot space.

BTw my budget is 10-15k and do not want to upgrade my HU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently purchased a k10 and confused with the same question. After reading a list of top 3 bass tubes, I decided to import a Kenwood P-W130TB – The party rocker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom