Getting the Right Sound Stage in Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi All ,

I recently bought a swift and thought of giving her a decent audio setup . Finally decided the ICE components as below ,

Front - Infinity Primus 6500 CS
Rear - JBL GTO 949 6x9 (Parcel Tray )
Amp - JBL GTX-646 .
No SUB . All the speakers are connected to the AMP

The sound quality is really good and well balanced in the front seats . Ample BASS from the GTO eliminates the need of Sub [:D] . But the people from rear always say that the front speakers cannot be heard and the rear is
too loud .

Tried adjusting the gain in the AMP but no luck .

My questions is that the GTO's can be placed in an enclosure(in boot) rather that parcel tray ?

PLease Help me out guys [:)]

Hi Suresh, i presume both the front and rear channels of your amp are set as 'FLAT' as of now. In that case even if you shift your 6x9s to an enclosure there may not be much of a difference as there is no frequency crossover in the speakers now (Acting as full range). But shifting the speakers from parcel tray will surely reduce noise produced due to vibration. You can also try adjusting the front/rear balance in your HU and may be equalizer too.

Last edited:
You can play with the FADER settings in the HU. A more front-aligned soundstage will be good for the rear passengers, if the want to hear the front comps. You can also try to reduce the gain for the rear speakers and increase it for the front speakers until the rear passengers are comfortable. Ideally, a +4 setting for the front (in the HU, Fader) will do the trick.

6x9's are designed to work on a parcel tray. Putting them in an enclosure will only eat up your boot space. The point is that though the speakers will be moved to a secured position away from the rear passenger's ears (if you put parcel tray also), their output would be very limited as the sound will be sealed in the boot space only.

Top Bottom