Originally Posted by ameyam
my question is, with these Bluetooth sets that plug into the aux, will the header unit switch over to phone automatically when a call comes in or will I need to change source manually? If manually, there is no point- I would rather but a standalone car kit
Hi, If your query about Kinivo Product, I can help out here.
Kinivo BT receiver can do;
1. During Music Playback (BT Streaming from your phone) If a Calls come up This Set automatically pause the music & bring the phone ringing tone all of the speaker in your car. To receive the call user need to press Big Button at Round Module which is mounted near steering wheel's Dash Board Area. Without leaving the eye from the road user can receive the Call / Talk and Drive as long as needed. Unless the other person hangs up - If user need to Disconnect the Call just press the Round button once again and the call ended then and there. Once this happen the Music Playback resume as where it left before the Phone Ring.
And all thing happened automatically even need to touch or look at the phone screen.
2. During Music Playback or when phone connected with Kinivo Streamer if user need to restart your Engine at Traffic Signal/Railway Crossing situation - The Whole HU Electrical goes off - Don't worry - It will automatically paired with the phone and resume the music playback where it left off / Ready to receive phone Calls.
3. This BT set need to setup (manual pairing) only once & every time it will connect automatically the moment user steps in the car with his phone (assuming phone's BT on)
4. Music Playback can be Play / Pause or jump to next or previous track without touching / looking at the phone's screen from the Round module which conveniently mounted at the Dashboard Area near steering wheel area.
5. As manual says Voice Dialing / Voice Command (using Siri) only possible for iPhones. (No Idea / experience though - Don't own any iPhone)
6. User can choose to channel only Music to the HU not the Phone calls if he feels for his privacy or other people on board in the Car.
7. 1A Charging Current output always available for the device not to run out of juice.
Now what it can't Do;-
1. If user using this product for Hands Free Calling and want to Hear the Radio from Car HU at the same time - They Can't - They Loose BT Hands-free capability. Same goes to USB Pen Drive mode
User Bound to Stay AUX mode all the time.
2. Volume adjustment is still rely on Main Volume control of the Car's HU - Which is not a Bad Thing IMHO.