Adding Bluetooth Functionality in My Swift

Thread Starter #1
I'm looking to add bluetooth functionality to my existing HU on my 2012 Swift VDi. The Headunit is Nippon standard on the Swift Dzire V variant. I am looking for something that can be connected and could route calls and music through Aux in.

Last edited:
Re: Looking to add Bluetooth functionality for my 2012 Swift VDI

Parrot & Jabra Bluetooth hands-free kit, most widely used
CK & MKi Ranges - Parrot USA
AFAIK most of these kits have their built in speakers and act as a standalone unit, where car speakers won't be used.
I think you can get closer to a built-in BT HU with this type of hands-free units with cigar lighter plug and AUX cable.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for these options, did anyone use these or could provide your valuable inputs or reviews on the same.

I remember looking for solutions and saw this aux to Bluetooth unit available on Ebay. Similar to the one Joni has posted. Not sure whether it works though

My interest in this has been renewed as my car is now self driven alone as against previously when my trainer could take my calls. So any usage reviews are most welcome

Ameyam

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
The kinds posted by Joni has seen mixed reviews, hence cannot decide on the same. Spending 6k and above on Parrot doesn't justify the need since the same can be achieved via aux in though its not a neat and clean solution.

Get the Kinivo BTC 450 or 455 from Amazon India - One of the best to stream your music / phone calls.

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars: Amazon.in: Electronics

41TjrMbGp6L.jpg

Price 2.5k for 450 & 3k for 455 (more than 1 device connected at the same time).

Recently got 450 - Music quality amazing - Review from all over internet revealed ; people who own Mini / Mustang / BMW / Audi recommend this product and used in their car.

Last edited:
Hi,
my question is, with these Bluetooth sets that plug into the aux, will the header unit switch over to phone automatically when a call comes in or will I need to change source manually? If manually, there is no point- I would rather but a standalone car kit

Ameyam

with these Bluetooth sets that plug into the aux, will the header unit switch over to phone automatically when a call comes in or will I need to change source manually? If manually, there is no point- I would rather but a standalone car kit
If you are playing music through BT (from Mobile Phone) it will help you out. With other sources (FM / CD) you should manually switch to AUX mode.

Hi,
my question is, with these Bluetooth sets that plug into the aux, will the header unit switch over to phone automatically when a call comes in or will I need to change source manually? If manually, there is no point- I would rather but a standalone car kit

Ameyam
Hi, If your query about Kinivo Product, I can help out here.

Kinivo BT receiver can do;

1. During Music Playback (BT Streaming from your phone) If a Calls come up This Set automatically pause the music & bring the phone ringing tone all of the speaker in your car. To receive the call user need to press Big Button at Round Module which is mounted near steering wheel's Dash Board Area. Without leaving the eye from the road user can receive the Call / Talk and Drive as long as needed. Unless the other person hangs up - If user need to Disconnect the Call just press the Round button once again and the call ended then and there. Once this happen the Music Playback resume as where it left before the Phone Ring.

And all thing happened automatically even need to touch or look at the phone screen.

2. During Music Playback or when phone connected with Kinivo Streamer if user need to restart your Engine at Traffic Signal/Railway Crossing situation - The Whole HU Electrical goes off - Don't worry - It will automatically paired with the phone and resume the music playback where it left off / Ready to receive phone Calls.

3. This BT set need to setup (manual pairing) only once & every time it will connect automatically the moment user steps in the car with his phone (assuming phone's BT on)

4. Music Playback can be Play / Pause or jump to next or previous track without touching / looking at the phone's screen from the Round module which conveniently mounted at the Dashboard Area near steering wheel area.

5. As manual says Voice Dialing / Voice Command (using Siri) only possible for iPhones. (No Idea / experience though - Don't own any iPhone)

6. User can choose to channel only Music to the HU not the Phone calls if he feels for his privacy or other people on board in the Car.

7. 1A Charging Current output always available for the device not to run out of juice.

Now what it can't Do;-

1. If user using this product for Hands Free Calling and want to Hear the Radio from Car HU at the same time - They Can't - They Loose BT Hands-free capability. Same goes to USB Pen Drive mode
User Bound to Stay AUX mode all the time.

2. Volume adjustment is still rely on Main Volume control of the Car's HU - Which is not a Bad Thing IMHO.

Guys
I am looking for a handsfree kit to pick up calls when driving . My mobile is Lenova A7000 and my car is dezire with no bluetooth

a) Which kit should i buy
b) How will i listen to car music after putting this kit on ears ?

Hi I have been using a FM Transmitter that connects to the Aux out of the device and its working Good and yes there is little problem with the bass and rest is all good.

I tune in the same frequency as the FM Transmitter. No wires and there is a small built-in battery with in the transmitter.

Try using it.

Hi I have been using a FM Transmitter that connects to the Aux out of the device and its working Good and yes there is little problem with the bass and rest is all good.

I tune in the same frequency as the FM Transmitter. No wires and there is a small built-in battery with in the transmitter.

Try using it.
Yes that is called FM Modulator. A friend is using it in his car. The audio quality (especially bass notes) is degraded when playing through that modulator but is the cheapest workaround for HUs without basic features. Costs 200 bucks for the one without bluetooth.

You said that it has a battery. The one I saw had to be plugged in to the 12v socket, no internal battery.

Top Bottom