Single DIN Head Unit For My Punto

Thread Starter #1
Hi! I Need some help for upgrading the Head Unit in my Fiat Punto Active.

I had already upgraded to Rockford components in the front and co-axials in the rear last year. I'm looking to replace the stock HU now and looking at a single DIN HU with bluetooth, preferably.

My budget is around 7-8K, but I'll be happy if it ends up on the lower end!

I'm looking at the Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT and the Pioneer DEH X-6690BT. The 420BT is cheaper, at 6.5K, while the 6690 is available for 7.3K. Which one of these should I go with. Also, any other HU's I can consider?

Check out 6790BT also and compare with 6690BT. Other model I would like to suggest you is Sony MEX-N5070BT, the sound clarity is much better than 6690BT as I have seen live demo at Reliance Mall in Pune.

Also Blaupunkt ASS is much poor as compared to Sony & Pioneer.

Thread Starter #3
Check out 6790BT also and compare with 6690BT. Other model I would like to suggest you is Sony MEX-N5070BT, the sound clarity is much better than 6690BT as I have seen live demo at Reliance Mall in Pune.

Also Blaupunkt ASS is much poor as compared to Sony & Pioneer.
Thanks for your response!

I've been looking around for the 6790BT since quite some time now, but no luck so far. Neither Online nor any local store. One of the friends knows a Pioneer dealer, and even he didn't have any info about the 6790BT. Hence, mentioned the 6690BT which is available for 7300 at local shop.

The Blaupunkt 420BT is for 6500 on Snapdeal, with almost similar features, so was tempted to consider it!

Will surely check out the Sony one as well. However, I've read a fair amount of stuff online, and everybody prefers HUs from Pioneer / JVC , etc. over Sony!

Will surely check out the Sony one as well. However, I've read a fair amount of stuff online, and everybody prefers HUs from Pioneer / JVC , etc. over Sony!
As you said most of the people prefer Pioneer as far SQ is concerned. Why don't you have a look at the 2 DIN models like FH-X579UI which have similar pricing and specs as DEH-X6690?. IMO 2 DIN HU will add to the aesthetics of your interior.

I've been looking around for the 6790BT since quite some time now, but no luck so far. Neither Online nor any local store. One of the friends knows a Pioneer dealer, and even he didn't have any info about the 6790BT. Hence, mentioned the 6690BT which is available for 7300 at local shop.

The Blaupunkt 420BT is for 6500 on Snapdeal, with almost similar features, so was tempted to consider it!

How can I miss JVC; You can also think of JVC R856BT, well not sure this model is available in market. I remember this model was brought by my cousin a month back for his Indica eV2. Personally I like the remote control of this model. But it was little costly I guess. [:)]

Thread Starter #7
As you said most of the people prefer Pioneer as far SQ is concerned. Why don't you have a look at the 2 DIN models like FH-X579UI which have similar pricing and specs as DEH-X6690?. IMO 2 DIN HU will add to the aesthetics of your interior.
The space on Punto's dash can't accomodate a 2 Din HU! [frustration] I stopped myself from.changing the HU only because I didn't want to spoil the looks! But no other option now!

Thread Starter #8
Other model I would like to suggest you is Sony MEX-N5070BT, the sound clarity is much better than 6690BT as I have seen live demo at Reliance Mall in Pune.
Thanks amitpshelke for bringing the Soy MEX N5070BT to my notice! I finally went ahead and got it installed at a local shop. Total damage came out to be 8300. 8000 for the HU and 300 for Wiring / Antenna.

Could have saved a few hundred bucks if I had ordered from Snapdeal, but the difference wouldn't have been much!

Coming to the HU, it's quite good and feels VFM for the features offered. It also has NFC, which makes connecting the phone to the HU a breeze. Just one tap, and I was done in under 20 seconds! [:D] Variable colors and 3 RCA pre outs were other features that resulted in Sony's favor!

The User Interface is pretty decent and lets you play around with a variety of settings.

Overall, happy with the purchase!

hu1.jpg

hu2.jpg

Thanks amitpshelke for bringing the Soy MEX N5070BT to my notice! I finally went ahead and got it installed at a local shop. Total damage came out to be 8300. 8000 for the HU and 300 for Wiring / Antenna.

Could have saved a few hundred bucks if I had ordered from Snapdeal, but the difference wouldn't have been much!

Coming to the HU, it's quite good and feels VFM for the features offered. It also has NFC, which makes connecting the phone to the HU a breeze. Just one tap, and I was done in under 20 seconds! [:D] Variable colors and 3 RCA pre outs were other features that resulted in Sony's favor!

The User Interface is pretty decent and lets you play around with a variety of settings.

Overall, happy with the purchase!

View attachment 160169

View attachment 160170
Hi Abh1nav,
I just checked your posts, same problem am facing, by your post got solution for my problem too, thank you

where you bought this HU and frame around HU,
do you installed yourself ? or any electrician did this?
the main problem am facing is frame, I was unable to find it,
the frame can I get through online?

Please help me and take me out from this problem
Thank you

Congrats Bro!

Please share your reviews in new thread, along with Picture of feature it supports. This may help other buyer.

Congrats Bro!

Please share your reviews in new thread, along with Picture of feature it supports. This may help other buyer.
If this is to me, here are my words

actually am looking frame firstly, then will plan for HU
i was saying about above picture the was impressed me.

thank you

Top Bottom