Audio System with GPS and Reverse Cam For My Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, New guy here [glasses]

As my title says, need suggestion for Good touch audio with navigation and rev parking cam/sensor(not sure which is good cam or sensor,,Do suggest )[confused]

Car decor shop guy said Touch screen with turn by turn navigation system around 32k and with speakers 35k(didn't asked brand,my bad ) and reverse parking cam separate.

As i don't have any idea about car audio. So if you guys do suggest any good setup.i'll be pleased !

And also tell me about speakers and the placement of speakers whether to side doors or rear..

Just need a decent one.No need boom boom pow ! [:D] but should be reliable and give quality sound

Last edited by a moderator:
Pioneer model is there,4 in one
1.Bluetooth
2.Reverse cam input
3.Multimedia playback
4.Navigation
Cost - > 40k
+ reverse cam cost separate.
If you really want all 3 in single unit go for it,else install sony or pioneer touch screen model of about 20-25k(reverse cam input,multimedia playback,bluetooth)
and then install map my india portable navigation device for about 2k

Thread Starter #3
Pioneer model is there,4 in one
1.Bluetooth
2.Reverse cam input
3.Multimedia playback
4.Navigation
Cost - > 40k
+ reverse cam cost separate.
If you really want all 3 in single unit go for it,else install sony or pioneer touch screen model of about 20-25k(reverse cam input,multimedia playback,bluetooth)
and then install map my india portable navigation device for about 2k
Can you post the links. Looks like the 2nd suggestion costs me less.could you tell me some suggested players and speakers with links

Which model / combination did the shop keeper suggested?
What is your budget?

Are you sure about the cost Vishnu? I remember the base cost is atleast thrice the amount that you quoted.
Sir
sir a mistake from my part,a chinese version of map my india is there it costs 2k,having only navigation system.
Map my india starts from 5k i think.

Thread Starter #6
Which model / combination did the shop keeper suggested?
What is your budget?
He didn't said the brand.I will go and ask him when i get time..

I found on google that poineer one with gps navigation costs around 44k..

Is it possible to get all separately at low price...If yes,then what will u guys suggest?

And how i do place all those?

Sir
sir a mistake from my part,a chinese version of map my india is there it costs 2k,having only navigation system.
Map my india starts from 5k i think.
snapdeal shows 5.5k

Mr. drk123, does your car have stock stereo,if so what all function does it offer?
If it offers bluetooth,aux,usb facilities,then go in for map my india device of 13k,which have reverse cam ,navigation,multimedia playback.

Thread Starter #8
Mr. drk123, does your car have stock stereo,if so what all function does it offer?
If it offers bluetooth,aux,usb facilities,then go in for map my india device of 13k,which have reverse cam ,navigation,multimedia playback.

No,it doesn't come with Audio system. My car is Swift VDI.

Hi guys, New guy here. As my title says, need suggestion for Good touch audio with navigation and rev parking cam/sensor(not sure which is good cam or sensor,,Do suggest )
* First of all welcome to TAI. Many people find it distracting to have the Navigation in the in dash HU while driving. So IMO it is better to see it in a car where it is already installed and decide for yourself. If the results are not positive you can go for a touch screen 2DIN system and a separate glass mounted GPS navigator.

* Some of the Sony touch screen HUs in 30K price range have "mirror link" function so you can use the free GPS apps in your smartphone in the HU display. In person I haven't seen anyone using it yet, but I think this will be a good solution. But you have to take a call as per your budget, as you need to invest some money on your speakers as well (May be an amp too?)

* Regarding sensor/ camera, I think you are using a MS Swift. I have both these parking solutions installed in a swift at my home. From my personal experience I would say the parking sensors are more useful in a hatch back, if you have to select between the two.

* The all-in-one cost effective and 'not much to think about' solution will be the above one suggested by Mr.boss. MapmyIndia have OE fit ICE with Navigation for Swift, seeing the price for other car OE fit ICEs I think its price is not updated and must be in 20K range. Also have a look at the OE fit android ICE from Motevo in this thread.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
* First of all welcome to TAI. Many people find it distracting to have the Navigation in the in dash HU while driving. So IMO it is better to see it in a car where it is already installed and decide for yourself. If the results are not positive you can go for a touch screen 2DIN system and a separate glass mounted GPS navigator.

* Some of the Sony touch screen HUs in 30K price range have "mirror link" function so you can use the free GPS apps in your smartphone in the HU display. In person I haven't seen anyone using it yet, but I think this will be a good solution. But you have to take a call as per your budget, as you need to invest some money on your speakers as well (May be an amp too?)

* Regarding sensor/ camera, I think you are using a MS Swift. I have both these parking solutions installed in a swift at my home. From my personal experience I would say the parking sensors are more useful in a hatch back, if you have to select between the two.

* The all-in-one cost effective and 'not much to think about' solution will be the above one suggested by Mr.boss. MapmyIndia have OE fit ICE with Navigation for Swift, seeing the price for other car OE fit ICEs I think its price is not updated and must be in 20K range. Also have a look at the OE fit android ICE from Motevo in this thread.
Well,I found pioneer HU 's also have mirror link with backup camera and supports mkv,mp4 at low cost...
Here is the links,Tell if this is good enough or not..

AVH-179DVD | Pioneer india (iphone only)

AVH-X1790DVD | Pioneer india (this 1 supports android too )

Tell me if there is any major difference between those...Because i really don't know rest of the features use for.[confused]

And also suggest me some good speakers :)

Seems it doesn't support mp4..

Well,I found pioneer HU 's also have mirror link with backup camera and supports mkv,mp4 at low cost. Here is the links,Tell if this is good enough or not. Tell me if there is any major difference between those...Because i really don't know rest of the features use for. And also suggest me some good speakers.
Hi, AVH-179DVD model doesn't support mirror link. Another major difference is this model have only 2 pre-outs (audio outputs from HU connected to amplifier) whereas AVH-X1790DVD have 3. Pioneer is a good choice as people prefer it over Sony as the Sound Quality is concerned. Regarding the mirror link it still says "..some android phones", As I said earlier I am not sure how practical this mirror link thing is! (again you need data pack in your phone/ Offline navigator like Sygic (paid)). I recommend a separate windshield mount MapmyIndia Navigator and this Pioneer HU, if not going for the option suggested by Mr.Boss!.

Speakers: It depends on your budget!. Please find few options in diffrent budgets here.

1) Good quality Coaxial speakers in front and rear+ Active subwoofer (Optional)
2) 2/4 channel amplifier+ Front component speakers+ Subwoofer (Optional)+ Rear Coaxial speakers

Seems it doesn't support mp4..
From the product Specification "Support to play DVD/VCD/CD/DVD-ROM/DVD-R/CD-ROM/CD-R/MP3/Mp4/WMA/JPG/MPG/MPEG1/2".

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Another major difference is this model have only 2 pre-outs (audio outputs from HU connected to amplifier) whereas AVH-X1790DVD have 3.Pioneer is a good choice as people prefer it over Sony as the Sound Quality is concerned.
So i go for 2nd model , AVH - X1790dvd and also tell me sony's almost same features model,will compare and decide... Navigation is not a priority now..I can add it later..

Speakers: It depends on your budget!. Please find few options in different budgets here.
I'm actually thinking of spending 10-12k for speakers..Will that be enough for good quality sound? And also what 'way' is better to pick 2way,3 way etc....

So i go for 2nd model , AVH - X1790dvd and also tell me sony's almost same features model,will compare and decide.
Sony have XAV-65 and XAV-68BT (Yes, with bluetooth) in below 20K range. I think for Sound Quality Pioneer is the better choice.

I'm actually thinking of spending 10-12k for speakers..Will that be enough for good quality sound? And also what 'way' is better to pick 2way,3 way etc.
10-12K I would suggest to go for a
4 channel amplifier, component speakers in front, Subwoofer (may be later) in the boot and co-axial speakers in the rear door.
Another option as you said you are not a bass fan,
4 channel amplifier + good quality component speakers in front and rear.

Regarding the 'ways' of speaker, a '3 way' refers to sound split into 3 different frequency ranges and it acts like 3 different speakers put together. But you cannot say a 3 way is always better than a 2 way speaker, because it entirely depends on how efficiently they have made the crossover (sound Splitting). For selecting a speaker you need to listen to it first and then decide.

:offtopic: : Instead of adding back to back posts you may edit the post if within 30 mins time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
4 channel amplifier, component speakers in front, Subwoofer (may be later) in the boot and co-axial speakers in the rear door[/B].
Links to some good speakers.And yes,i'll add sub-woofer and amp later..

Top Bottom