Sony vs Pioneer Head Unit

Thread Starter #1
Guys my budget is max-20 k
I have listed out SONY xplod-XAV-68BT and Pioneer- AVH-279BT to be installed in Swift .In trivandrum,there is a car accesories shop named Car park,which sells almost all brands,yesterday i went there and enquired almost all brands.From e stores and there there is a price difference of just 200-400 rs.

I enquired with maruti genuine accesories wing in popular showroom,but they have not got a great collection,also they are overpriced,about 500-1000 rs difference from car park.
Also Maruti guys told the steering conrols will be tamperd by aftermarket installs,they will be dummified, while car park technicians told we can configure steering input as well.

Out of the above 2 models which is better.[confused]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: SONY v/s Pionner head unit

Guys my budget is max-20 k
I have listed out SONY xplod-XAV-68BT and Pioneer- AVH-279BT to be installed in Swift .In trivandrum,there is a car accesories shop named Car park,which sells almost all brands,yesterday i went there and enquired almost all brands.From e stores and there there is a price difference of just 200-400 rs.

I enquired with maruti genuine accesories wing in popular showroom,but they have not got a great collection,also they are overpriced,about 500-1000 rs difference from car park.
Also Maruti guys told the steering conrols will be tamperd by aftermarket installs,they will be dummified, while car park technicians told we can configure steering input as well.

Out of the above 2 models which is better.
Have a look on this and this.

Vishnu, I would say Pioneer(the genuine one). My cousin has a old model Maruti Zen that has the Sony music system which has not got that good sound quality. In terms of reliability Pioneer is good and has a long life.

Maruti people only have Sony (which they have started to keep since last 3-4 years. Prior to it they were using Kenwood. Also, any ASC would not recommend an after market set-up so it is really important to select a knowledgeable ICE technician.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Re: SONY v/s Pionner head unit

Thanks Mr.Akash,you are the only one who responded the thread.
I am using pioneer ( an old model-imported one), for past 10 years,no trouble till date.But the problem with Pioneer AVH-279-BT is it doesnt support steering controls,that's why confused.Anyway i will consult the technician here whether he can fix this small niggle.

Hello sir , why not try JVC? If not then go for Pioneer eyes closed. May i suggest that you take a look at Blaupunkt? This is the best you can get in the market, and if you get any other one make sure that you do get Rockford Fosgate speakers installed. They are superb and have great quality. Anyways no need to get it done from maruti themselves, if Car Park says they can do it then get it done from them. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Hello sir , why not try JVC? If not then go for Pioneer eyes closed. May i suggest that you take a look at Blaupunkt? This is the best you can get in the market, and if you get any other one make sure that you do get Rockford Fosgate speakers installed. They are superb and have great quality. Anyways no need to get it done from maruti themselves, if Car Park says they can do it then get it done from them. Good luck.
Sir stocks are JVC,they don't offer multimedia.
I have almost fixed my decision on Sony xplod.
Rgarding Rockford fosgate...........[clap]It's great nah....
Sir,one doubt rockford doesn't prove to trouble during long run right?

Sir stocks are JVC,they don't offer multimedia.
I have almost fixed my decision on Sony xplod.
Rgarding Rockford fosgate...........[clap]It's great nah....
Sir,one doubt rockford doesn't prove to trouble during long run right?
Nope, they are perfectly fine. BTW you didn't tell my about Blaupunkt? Its great and here are some links to try out- Blaupunkt LAS VEGAS 530 6.1" TOUCH PANEL WITH BLUETOOTH: Amazon.in: Electronics
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blaupunkt-san-diego-530-navigation/1469176912
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blaupunkt-los-angeles-500/1575583943

I would suggest that you go for Blaupunkt any day rather than Sony. Sony is a bit of a budget stereo even if it has all the goodies etc. Anyway if you are shelling out so much money, then why not shell out a little bit more and get the best.Be wise [:D]
Just see all the links and find a good deal.

Guys my budget is max-20 k. I have listed out SONY xplod-XAV-68BT and Pioneer- AVH-279BT to be installed in Swift .Out of the above 2 models which is better.[confused]
The question is how big an audiophile you are?. IMO Sony is for general users (like me) and Pioneer is considered superior by audiophiles worldwide for its better SQ. There are some things which are beyond the specification given in paper. Right?. Another question, what else you are planning to add in the audio setup?. Because both these HUs have almost similar features but there are slight differences like Sony have better video support (supported Codecs), pioneer HU have a default connection option for a subwoofer etc.

Thread Starter #13
Guys i have installed Sony Xav 68 BT,will post the pics later,nice Head unit,nice display.
Reverse Cam input Via RD camera setup(HD).
Sound streamed Via-
Front- Component speakers FOCAL
Rear- Nippon(stock)
Sub Woffer- Rockford
Amplifier-JBL 2 channel
If one can spend more money they can use 4 channel Amp.

Top Bottom