Added Some Spice! Not Too Hot Though.

Thread Starter #1
Ahoy chaps.

Last week I added couple of stuffs to my ride. It was sleeping in the parking space for about a year. I just took her to a service and added some stuffs.

Reason for addition:
1. Time to throw stock piece.
2. A long drive was planned ( Chennai to Tuticorin)
3. A loooong leave after a hectic year. Booyaaah.

Here are the pics:

JBL 1150:

GTO 949 components:

Pioneer basic amp: ( I think more than enough to drive that sub)

Who need this now? [:D]

Congrats for the upgrade, Marun. I know, the upgrade is subtle, yet it would be making considerable changes in the sound quality from the setup. Few questions though:
1. Which car is this? I assume it is a Ford (last pic).
2. I am a bit confused about the positioning of the amp. If it is below the driver/co-driver seat, then I would advice you to relocate it somewhere else or warn the rear passengers to take extra care while drinking water/liquids in the car. A spill might cause damage to the amp. IMO, boot (i.e. on the back of the backseat) is the most appropriate place for mounting amps.
3. Would you mind sharing the cost of the amp? Is it a 2 Channel?

Asking just out of curiosity, do we get a JBL Sticker (Label) also with the speakers?

Cheers.

Thread Starter #3
Hello Ritzzxi,

1. The car is fiesta 2009 model.
2. Holy woofers. I have got the amp fixed underneath the co-driver seat. Didn't think about that pal. Back of the backseat sounds like an idea. I'll do this as first thing tomorrow.
3. The amp costed me 4.5K mate. Yeah its a 2 channel thingy. [:)]

No pal. I got no labels in the package.

My thought currently is the position of the sub. Its facing the rear seat now. Not sure how it should be placed!

350Z

Core Team
Last week I added couple of stuffs to my ride. It was sleeping in the parking space for about a year. I just took her to a service and added some stuffs.
Long time no see, Marun. How's the Fiesta doing? Are you still using the stock head unit? Please update the ownership review with more details and pictures of car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
How are you doing mate?

Fiesta is doing really well. She just crossed 25K. Yeah I am still using the stock HU. Just don't want to spoil the looks of dash. I'll update the review thread soon mate. [:)]

My thought currently is the position of the sub. Its facing the rear seat now. Not sure how it should be placed!
I had attached to rear tray behind rear seats in my Maruti Esteem VXi. Initially it was kept as such in boot but then the effect was quite muffled / dampened.

In my Innova & now in Rexton, it just kept behind 3rd row in boot space. XUV500 has very minimal boot space, hence many had tried placing sub underneath 2nd row seat. Is space under co-passenger seat enough to accommodate sub? (I don't know your sub size, but upto 8" with thin casing can be placed beneath seat). Then amp can be accommodated under driver's seat.

Your amp shows 400W & sub shows 1150W written on it. Is it mismatch or PMPO/RMS type misnomer?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Ahoy Dhoom!

There is no enough space to house that 12" driver underneath any seat. [:)]

That 1150W is peak power beyond which the cone will blow. Its rated RMS is 270W. All the amps are now bridgeable which sheds juice based on the load. Though its a 2-channel, i have just connected it with sub. So it has got enough juice is my understanding.

Ahoy chaps.

Reason for addition:
1. Time to throw stock piece.
2. A long drive was planned ( Chennai to Tuticorin)
3. A loooong leave after a hectic year. Booyaaah.

Here are the pics:

JBL 1150:

GTO 949 components:

Pioneer basic amp: ( I think more than enough to drive that sub)

Who need this now? [:D]
Well done brother. You have installed a good setup.
BTW those GTO 949 are coaxial speakers not components.
Place your Sub facing toward hatch door instead of rear seat to provide good space to work instead of blocking it's way. You can install a grille to protect your sub from damages.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Thanks mate.

Oh yeah they are co-axials. I have now fixed the grille and placed it facing towards the boot door. [:)]

One more thing I wanted to do is, woofer is ON all the time. Just want to place some switch so that I can power the sub whenever I need. Any suggestions?

In Fiesta, There are some 3 dead switch slots (along with 1 demister in the rear mirror). Is there any way to make use of those switches?

Marun; said:
woofer is ON all the time. Just want to place some switch so that I can power the sub whenever I need. Any suggestions?

In Fiesta, There are some 3 dead switch slots (along with 1 demister in the rear mirror). Is there any way to make use of those switches?
Yes, find a switch in market or online and connect it to the power line between ACC to Amp. Then you will be able to switch off the amp with sub when not needed.

Top Bottom