ALPINE CDA-W560E double-din - One RCA out

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

raj_5004, surendar and cooldhaya

I have ALPINE CDA-W560E double-din, after fixing the component's, coaxial's, amp and sub, figured out that half the functions in the head unit (like Fader/ Balance/ Sub woofer out & in) did not work, supposedly because of the fact of one RCA out.

Technically, I am not able to balance the output between component's, coaxial's and Sub. Everything is under one control, volume reduction and increase.

When asked why this problem to the guy who helped me install this told me that, it is because the head unit has one RCA out and suggested a Head Unit change with 2 or 3 RCA outs.

Would like to know you views on the same.

Note: ALPINE CDA-W560E double-din: is the factory fitted Head Unit bundled with Honda City ZX Vtec.

Thanks

Referring link
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/1583-iceing-maruti-swift.html

Last edited:
Sorry Friend, but i dont have much idea about ICE, our ICE gurus will surely help you out.

yes, this happened because your HU has 1 pre out. for max effect, install a new HU with atleast 2 pre outs.

i recently learned this from ramie- if you are not too keen to change your stock HU, you can opt for a line-in converter & a 4/7 band equalizer (both will cost you around 9k). please dont ask me the technicalities, i am not an installer!

since you are in bangalore, contact Satya in EVO {search for "EVO car audio, bangalore" in google, you will get the number & address, i cant post it here for some reasons. else, PM me}. its in Ulsoor, Bangalore.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Akash,

Thanks Raj, I had my whole of my other system set up addition done at EVO, with Satya. He was the person suggesting for a change of HU and also said few are available within 13 to 14K {dint bother to ask him for the the brands and feature though, as was not i a mind to change and though some alternative solution could be found}.

Do you think I will be able to get a double din HU, mainly would need a very good audio, MP3 player connection and USB/ IPOD connecting interface (less than 8 to 10k).

**DVD player Double din {will i get one within the range of 10K to 15K} ??

To power
Boston Compos
Boston Coxials
JBL 4 Channel Amp
Rockford Fosgate 12 Inch Sub.

Please do suggest some in different ranges depending on the above requirement.

Thanks in advance.

a DVD player double din with all the required features in 15k is doubtful buddy.

also, within 10k, a double Din with all the features is again doubtful.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Raj,

Is there any other difference between single-din and a double-din, apart from the size ?

Objective is to figure out are double din system's superior to single din system or is it just that the size which matter ?

nothing like that, apart from size, you cant really distinguish single & double din.

some single dins have more features w.r.t double din & vice versa.

my take is, if you are not too keen on looks, buy a single din with more features.

nothing like that, apart from size, you cant really distinguish single & double din.

some single dins have more features w.r.t double din & vice versa.

my take is, if you are not too keen on looks, buy a single din with more features.
Perfect !

try jvc 7404! oops now a day am i supporting lot of jvc !!!

try alpine w407 double din then !!

Thread Starter #9
Thanks Ilango, any information on the pricing ??

JVC 7404 is Single-Din and Alpine w407 is a Double-din right ?

W407 looks like a killer with the features i has got, but might as well be killer in the pricing too I guess !!

Thread Starter #11
Thanks 350Z on the pricing ... i guessed it would be a over shoot to my budget.

Hey Ilango,
Considering good sound quality, which plays MP3/WMA/WAV with connection interfaces to USB/ IPOD/ Bluetooth and mainly 3 preouts. I liked the FH-P6050UB, but finally decided not to buy it for the only fact that it just has 2 preouts. Would you suggest something else ?

looking at the product link of JVC 7407 below, seems like it has a lot of features
Car Audio/Video - JVC - JVC KD-DV7404 Car DVD/Divx/MP3/CD/WMA Player with USB - Buying Reloaded-BUY Online, Send Gifts to India, Computers, Laptops, LCD TVs, Video Games, Mp3 Players etc.

I too faced the same problem which you are facing now with a single RCA output. Now changed my HU to one having three RCA outputs and the SQ has definitely increased. Even if you opt a line-out converter the result will not be satisfactory. If yours is not a factory fitted 2-din player then change it and for a good single din HU and with 15k budget you can get really good deals!

Thread Starter #13
Thanks Cooldhaya,

Which head unit did you change to ?

I am looking a player with good sound clarity/quality along with Ipod/ USB and Bluetooth connector under 10-12K.

The main reason why I was looking in for a Double Din player is because of the space it covers in the dash. Can a single-din cover the above space in the dash as the existing player of mine is double-din.

Another doubt was around

3 RCA (pre-out), are these pre-outs respectively used for Front/ Rear and Sub outputs ?

Will the change from 1 RCA to 3 RCA help me to control Balance [left and right]/ Faders and Sub outs separately, since now everything is connect to one single RCA output which are not controlled at an individual level (basically has become dummy options)

350Z

Core Team
The main reason why I was looking in for a Double Din player is because of the space it covers in the dash. Can a single-din cover the above space in the dash as the existing player of mine is double-din.
You should not worry much about the space which will be left after installing Single DIN. It can always be used later as an additional storage compartment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom