Buying Grand i10 OEM Head Unit?

Thread Starter #1
We purchased grand i10 magna 1.2 lately and I want to install a car stereo in it
My first preference is the original OEM factory fitted stereo system that comes with sportz variant because it nicely integrates with the center console and completes the look of the dashboard and looks good at night with that blue illumination
[:D]
Is it generally available as a spare part for sale ?

because my dealer told me that you can get the stereo system but you dont get aux and usb with it just the top part as
the aux and usb are at the bottom and it is a separate component[confused]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Grand i10 original oem factory fitted Head Unit

You can get it. But i'll say don't just buy it for the looks. You can install better head unit , oem headunits aren't that powerful.

I agree if you install aftermarket headunit , fit is not upto the mark and there is gap which is visible , but you can easily get a cover for 200 rupees [:)] it will cover all the gaps and looks like factory finish.

Like allhyundaicars rightly said,it's available as a spare at any service center or dealer. However since it doesn't come as factory fitted you can install a better system/head unit to make your music sound better for the same price if not cheaper.
If you still insist on the stock system but want to use the usb and aux, it can be routed to the glove box and kept there. You will still be able to use all the features as the factory fitted system.

Well, for VW cars, VAGTune sells OEM headunits. Not so sure about Hyundai. Usually OEM units are the best fits. But if you want to play music relatively louder, get an aftermarket unit (OEMs suck on bass and crackle on the louder side) I would still prefer OEM. I'm one vs. a thousand but I would, because in my case, I play ambient music only. And, when I do not, it's on my phone (No connecting through AUX). In your case, if USB or AUX is not present, the only choice you have is discs. So I would say, take an aftermarket if this is the case. If not, simply go for the OEM unit.

Hope I helped. If not, bash me up :stupid:

Thread Starter #5
My friend has installed a pioneer mixtrax head unit in his SWIFT with JBL speakers installed in the boot but the sound quality was average and there was a rattle in the car[thumbsdown] .I don't want powerful speakers as I've lost interest in EDM and now I prefer to listen to Hindi songs and some English Rock and Pop songs so my prime focus is the clarity and i want the sound output as clean and as pristine as possible for my budget[:D]. I've got budget of 10k

so can anyone suggest me a Head Unit and decent sets of speakers? or else I'll stick with Hyundai's OEM one

and by the way how much will the hyundai's OEM HU will cost ? ballpark estimate

Top Bottom