Installed New Music System But Not Satisfied. Please Help!

Thread Starter #1
Today I installed new system for my Wagon R Stingray model replacing stock speakers (keeping head unit). As per installer's advice I installed the following at Car Audio Zone, Chennai (Installer Saravanan)

Blaupunkt EMA 455 Amplifier (through Line Out Converter from Head Unit)
Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speakers for front
Polk Audio DB651 Coaxial Speakers for rear

Sound quality is not good. Bass is boomy and distorting. Installer first tried to convince me that the problem is with the head unit but we tested with other head units as well. Same problem. Then Installer reduced the distortion and boomy sound but at the cost of bass. Now the bass is similar to my stock speakers (No bass). He reduced it in Amp section

Could anyone in this forum where the problem could be? Also someone direct me to a good installer? I'm not at all happy with the installation

Appreciate your inputs

Re: Installed new system but not satisfied...Please help

Today I installed new system for my Wagon R Stingray model replacing stock speakers (keeping head unit). As per installer's advice I installed the following at Car Audio Zone, Chennai (Installer Saravanan)

Blaupunkt EMA 455 Amplifier (through Line Out Converter from Head Unit)
Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speakers for front
Polk Audio DB651 Coaxial Speakers for rear

Sound quality is not good. Bass is boomy and distorting. Installer first tried to convince me that the problem is with the head unit but we tested with other head units as well. Same problem. Then Installer reduced the distortion and boomy sound but at the cost of bass. Now the bass is similar to my stock speakers (No bass). He reduced it in Amp section

Could anyone in this forum where the problem could be? Also someone direct me to a good installer? I'm not at all happy with the installation

Appreciate your inputs
Line out converter ? You didn't have pre out in your HU?
Bro you are spending your hard earned money, so you should not blindly believe what the shopkeeper say.
Distorting sound coming from all speakers or just any one or two. Problem may be in your line out converter, try to check all these things one by one.
Most important thing is sometimes installer don't know about different sound settings of HU, you have to tune your HU properly. As you are not adding subwoofer so don't expect much bass because if you increse bass in your HU it will distort . Boomy bass is not possible without subwoofer.

Last edited:

Have thye used any sound deadening material for the speakers??The Wagon R has tin like quality.

Thread Starter #4

Line out converter ? You didn't have pre out in your HU?
Bro you are spending your hard earned money, so you should not blindly believe what the shopkeeper say.
Distorting sound coming from all speakers or just any one or two. Problem may be in your line out converter, try to check all these things one by one.
Most important thing is sometimes installer don't know about different sound settings of HU, you have to tune your HU properly. As you are not adding subwoofer so don't expect much bass because if you increse bass in your HU it will distort . Boomy bass is not possible without subwoofer.
There is no pre-out in Head unit as being stock unit. Distorting sound is coming from rear speakers are more in distortion. I checked with another head unit but even that has same problem (but we didn't test without line out converter) I'm also hearing hum sound deviating the whole sound spectrum

Have thye used any sound deadening material for the speakers??The Wagon R has tin like quality.
Sound damping is done using Dynamat material

As your rear speakers are coaxials ,so you should check connecting them directly to the HU, coaxial speakers can perform better even without amp. So connect them directly to HU and components through amp.
My personal suggestion is if you want boomy sound you should have to go for a subwoofer. Because if you play higher bass then it will not be good for speakers. So better thing is let the speakers play their quality sound don't force them to play heavy bass. Install what is made for bass(subwoofer) .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

As your rear speakers are coaxials ,so you should check connecting them directly to the HU, coaxial speakers can perform better even without amp. So connect them directly to HU and components through amp.
My personal suggestion is if you want boomy sound you should have to go for a subwoofer. Because if you play higher bass then it will not be good for speakers. So better thing is let the speakers play their quality sound don't force them to play heavy bass. Install what is made for bass(subwoofer) .
I am not increasing bass. I just want natural sound with clear bass (no aggrevated bass) but the speakers are lacking bass Like old radio set.. Thats the problem

I am not increasing bass. I just want natural sound with clear bass (no aggrevated bass) but the speakers are lacking bass Like old radio set.. Thats the problem
brother you have spent around 14-15 thousand rupees. Products are from reliable brand so you should go back to the installer and tell him strictly that you are not satisfied with performance. He must check and will do the needful otherwise ask for your money back. He is responsible for it. Why you paid for the products if you were not satisfied.
Tell me if the installer is not helping.

Are you sure the speaker and doors are not in direct contact? If they are even slightly touching the transmitted vibration can ruin the sound. Make sure there is some absorbent material (eg. Spacer rings or damping) between the speaker and door.

You have bought quite high-end equipment, you should have no problem getting a decent bass output as long as the install is done well (and all parts are genuine).

It's also worth a try to check all of the wiring and make sure it's steady. I noticed a huge difference in my car when replacing the Nippon wiring for rear speakers with genuine Pioneer wiring. This was tested with the same speaker (Pioneer TS G624).

Top Bottom