Pioneer AVIC-F60BT Now in India: Navigation-cum-Entertainment System

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Pioneer has launched AVIC-F60BT, a high-end audio and video compatible head unit which also incorporates MMI Maps. It's now on sale across India for Rs.49,990.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Toshiyuki Shindo, Managing Director, Pioneer India Electronics said, “With the latest AVIC-F60BT, Pioneer India intends to revolutionize the In-Car Entertainment industry. AVIC stands for Audio, Video, Information & Communication – and AVIC-F60BT addresses it all. Especially when it comes to navigation, AVIC-F60BT truly defines excellence like no other. We have incorporated Hybrid Navigation solution – CHIPS (Common Hardware for Integrated Positioning System), offering a high level of accuracy in identifying the car’s position. We have also partnered with MapmyIndiaTM to provide the best in class maps for India. These maps are built in the system with advanced features like 3-D Junction View, Images of Major Junctions, Lane guidance and much more. In short, Pioneer AVIC-F60BT offers ‘True to Life Navigation’ with state-of-the-art in-Car entertainment. A rare combination, indeed!.”

“For the first time, you will find a 13-band graphic equalizer in an In-car entertainment system! AVIC-F60BT is designed for superior audio performance; for example, our proprietary Auto EQ feature ensures a smoother sounding musical experience despite the limitations posed by the standard acoustics of a car”, said Mr. Arimasa Kino****a, General Manager of Pioneer India. “This is very important for any music enthusiast. The system has a host of technologies under its hood – from personalized DJ MIXTRAX to Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and high-tolerance acoustic capacitors, thereby making AVIC-F60BT among the most advanced in-Car navigation-cum-entertainment systems in India”, he further added.

With an intuitive user interface, AVIC-F60BT is easy and fun to operate. Pioneer has provided advanced connectivity options for smart-phones, especially Android & iOS users, with built in MirrorLinkTM and is also Siri Eyes Free compatible. Alternatively one can connect a mobile phone using the latest Bluetooth profiles for clear communication & file browsing. In addition, this state-of-the-art entertainment navigation system offers host of unique features such as learning steering wheel remote control, dual back-up (reverse) camera option, HD Video playback via USB/SD, etc. Given Pioneer’s unflinching commitment to quality, the system – loaded with features – doesn’t compromise with the audio quality, thereby making Pioneer AVIC-F60BT a preferred companion for getting lost in music but never on the road.
Pioneer AVIC-F60BT.jpg

Pioneer AVIC-F60BT-1.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Anyone with this unit help me to find the firmware update for it? I searched throughly on pioneer India website but not able to find it anywhere :( the current one supports carplay till iphone 5s whereas I want to use it with 6+

Anyone with this unit help me to find the firmware update for it? I searched throughly on pioneer India website but not able to find it anywhere :( the current one supports carplay till iphone 5s whereas I want to use it with 6+
Found this information on Pioneer India FB page as a solution for a similar issue "Please call our customer support team at Toll Free: 1800-103-5787 (9 A.M. to 5 P.M. on Monday – Friday ) they will sure provide you with the solution." Hope this will help you. Any update on your fuse related issue of your HU you had posted in other thread?

Yes, I had received the car from accident repair today as it was dark didn't tried the alternate configuration. I will update the thread tomorrow after trying the new configuration.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Too expensive,
I could buy NOTE 4 and have ALL of above and much more.
These days 64 GB mem cards are available. Im using since 2 years. As a result my Phone has total of 96GB memory!

The firmware that ships out of the box with this unit doesnt not support Carplay. I have been searching the internet for a Firmware update, but so far haven't had any luck. The sole reason for me buying this unit was to use it with Carplay, and now the main feature isn't available to me. Pioneer India website doesn't have any links to the firmware update, and Pioneers international websites don't have this model. I feel duped of my money.

Not to discourage Navigation system users,but won't Maps in phone + a Wifi dongle in car do.
And in kerala due to high camera surveillance to check speed i use trapster- an app,which shows cams within area,hence at that point i reduce my speed.

Maps on the phone are wonderful, especially because they have the latest data, whereas maps on the dash unit are pretty outdated. That's where systems like Apple Carplay and Android Auto come in the picture. In my opinion, having navigation info on the dash unit is more convenient than having a cellphone mounted on a stand attached to windshield. Plus there are onmi-present problems with poor quality mounting stands, poor cellular network coverage, battery drain, heating of cellphone due to sunlight. With in dash systems, all you got to do is just open the navigation app (or incase of cCrplay/Android Auto pair the phone and launch the app) and you're good. The phone sits nicely in your pocket, or charging in the dash connected to the units cable, and all the information you need is right in front of you along with all the music on your phone, and no cable mess.

Any one of you updated map my india on f60 bt? As far as i know maps are free for update for first year. And even iam looking for an firmware update in f60 bt, lots of bugs in the system especially when connected with bluetooth. Really sad to see the international version get all timely update but not the indian version.

Top Bottom