ICE For Eon Magna+ Under ~10k Budget

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone
As suggested, I have gone through the thread for Basic ICE terminologies.
I have tried researching a lot, and finally came to no good conclusion. [frustration]
So basic requirements are:
My Car: Hyundai EON ERA(+)

> Budget Range: Around 10k not exceeding 11k at any cost

> Looking For : Head-Unit, 2 speakers front, 2 Speakers Rear

> Preferred Brands (If any):

> Preferred Music Genre: Bollywood, Trance, Slow Rock and Blues

> Existing Audio Setup: None

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: I need a system with decent bass performance.
Something I have researched:
Front Speakers: JBL CS5
Rear Speakers: JBL GTO949
Head-unit: Not sure which is better to go with at my budget.[confused]

Please advise which systems I can go about, as some say that the speakers I have mentioned above are outdated.

Re: ICE for EON ERA + ~10k Budget

Does EON comes with 2 DIN slot for HU ? Now a days majority of the HU are coming without CD/MP3 slot. The ones which come are for DVD.

I would suggest you to buy JVC HU with Bluetooth if possible. Do not buy Pioneer or Sony as the price you pay for them you will not get quality.

For speakers try JBL, Harmaan, Infinity, Boston etc. Do not put Pioneer and Sony as SQ tend to crack after few days.

Also I would advise you to get the stuff from online (at much cheaper price) and get it installed from an accessory shop. Normally they charge 1-1.5-Max 2K for same.

Thread Starter #3

Does EON comes with 2 DIN slot for HU ?
Yeah, the slot is 2 DIN for the EON.

For speakers try JBL, Harmaan, Infinity, Boston etc. Do not put Pioneer and Sony as SQ tend to crack after few days.
Even I'm thinking of going for JBL as I mentioned in my first post.
But I don't have much options at hand.
Do you have any particular HU model and Speaker sets that would fit in my budget as well as give good performance.

In addition to the ones suggested above, I would suggest you to look at the Kenwood speakers which are good enough for the price. I would rate them better Sony which tends to give up after sometime.

Since you are tight budget , music system with video / Bluetooth is difficult
Eon Era+ does not have provision to fit speakers in the boot. So either you have to invest in 2 boxes ~ 800rs or If you have bought parcel tray , you can fix on them. My suggestion

JBL speakers front ( ~1.5k ) JBL - CS 6 - 6.5 inch 2 Way Coaxial Speakers (135 W) [Pair of Speakers] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Rear + tweeters - Check with vendor but JBL is preferred ( ~3k)

Pioneer 2 DIN music system w/o video ( ~6k) Pioneer - FH-X369UB - Car Stereos - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

FM antenna ( 800rs)
Installation ( ~ 1000rs)

I suggest to go to JC road but approach only preferred vendors. You can either contact your friends for this or I can give some leads in JC road / Jayanagar. But always go with 2 or more friends to JC road to avoid any cheating.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

Okay, so does the EON support 6.5 inch speakers at the front door? Also, would it affect the power window operations?[confused]

Sony DSX A35 seems like a good option for HU.
I don't have a rear parcel tray. I thought it would be a good option to go for speakers mounted on MDF board instead of speaker boxes. What say?

These are some speakers I found for the rear.Which of these can I go for?[confused]
Rockford Fosgate - Prime Series - R1693 - 6'' x 9'' Full Range Speakers (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Blaupunkt - QL 690 - 6 x 9 Inch 4-Way Quadaxial Speaker (300 W) [Pair Of Speakers] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Blaupunkt - GT Power 69.4X - 6 x 9 Inch 4-Way Quadaxial Speaker (300 W)[Pair Of Speakers] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
JBL - GTO 949 - 6 inch x 9 inch 3 Way Coaxial Speakers (400 W) [Pair Of Speakers] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Do you have any reliable vendors who can give me a decent deal on the ICE and fitment?:please:

^^ Yes, in JC Road I have a vendor- Motown who can do it for you. If you need help PM me.

If you buy things from him, he will install for free. If you buy it online, he charges fixing charges between 1k-2k depnds on installation.

Rear parcel tray option is bad if its aftermarket fixed tray, if the doors (all 4) have provision to fix speakers please go ahead with same.

Thread Starter #9
^^ Yes, in JC Road I have a vendor- Motown who can do it for you. If you need help PM me.

If you buy things from him, he will install for free. If you buy it online, he charges fixing charges between 1k-2k depnds on installation.

Rear parcel tray option is bad if its aftermarket fixed tray, if the doors (all 4) have provision to fix speakers please go ahead with same.
@anshuman Front doors are fine, but rear doors don't have speaker provision.What do you suggest?

Thread Starter #11
Then you have to go for parcel tray if you want 4 speakers. Try to check in Hyundai how much OEM tray (if fold able) costs ?
I checked with the SA and the Accessories advisor at the delearship and they confirmed that EON ERA + doesn't have provision for a foldable Parcel tray.
That option is available for EON Magna and above.

Even they said, that if I need 4 speakers then the MDF permanent fixture would be the only alternative.[frustration]

^^ OK , can you please post pictures of your boot area. I am surprised that tray provision is not there is Era version. Also post pictures of your doors.

My car has a fixed parcel tray which was installed by previous owner & it was bought, installed by showroom itself. It costed ~3k [surprise] as told by seller. But it fits very well.

Nowadays I hear hardly any accessory is available for EON with ASS .

Check with Advaith since they offer slighly diffrent type (flat cardboard with black foam wrapped).

Also you can check if the speaker boxes that comes with Sportz model is available as a accessory...

Currently I have only front speakers installed as I use it only for FM radio.

Last edited:
I will suggest better visit a showroom, try options/combination within your budget and choose the right choice for yourself. I did the same and invested few hours and took a combination which I am happy with, though due to budget constraint I restricted myself to 2 speakers only but those are sufficient for me during driving conditions (I don't like loud music/volume during driving as personally I think they hamper with my safe driving conditions).

So what I choose was:
HU: Pioneer - FH X559UI CD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Front Speakers: JBL CS5 (2 Speaker for front, fitted on the doors)

Top Bottom