New Speakers For Maruti Wagon-R VXi

Thread Starter #1
hi i need new speakers for wagonr vxi with decent bass without amp. please suggest some models thanks

Thread Starter #3
hi bro thanks for replying i have stock head unit its of nippon company and i have sony speakers and one of term is giving a crackling voice looks like its life is over :)

You can go for JBL 6 inch ones. If you need component speakers go for Hertz the range starts from 5k for a pair of tweeters and speakers.

If you want good bass without an amp I would recommend JVC CS V628 speakers. They are coaxial speakers so installation would be straightforward as well.

Thread Starter #7
If you want good bass without an amp I would recommend JVC CS V628 speakers. They are coaxial speakers so installation would be straightforward as well.
oh god what`s this coaxil now ? and how many types of speakers are there?

About speakers, the following types are most common:

Dual cone: Most simple, cheapest ones. Consist of a Mid range driver.
Two-way: Consist of a Mid range driver and tweeter.
Three-way: Consist of a Mid range driver, Tweeter and Supertweeter.

Coaxial: Speakers that have all the components integrated into one unit.
Component: Speakers in which one or more components are separate from the main speaker body. (Usually the tweeters are independent)

Components give better sound quality but may not always be feasible due to space restrictions.

Components and Coaxials can both work without an amp. All you have to do is make sure the speaker RMS power handling is not more than 75% higher than the RMS power output of the head unit.

Coaxial and Component are different constructions of speakers. You can get 2-way and 3-way speakers in both Coaxial and Component layout.

The speakers I recommended (JVC CS-V628) are 2-way coaxial speakers.

But anyways, I don't want to overcomplicate things. I am sure the JVC CS-V628 speakers will work well with your stereo. Otherwise you can go for Pioneer A635.

Both are value for money options and ideal for your usage.

Thread Starter #11
thanks what about this pioneer ts-a935h and 1 most imp thing are these rockford ,alpine,mtx audio really far better than these pioneer,sony.etc thanks

Thread Starter #12
what shuold be kept in mind during buying speakers i mean what are these:
1.RMS 2.frequency response 3.sensitivity 4.impedance 5.which magnet and cone is good? thanks

Recently I installed Boston speakers in my Nano, check my ownership thread for details.

I found Boston SQ better than Pioneer and Sony. In my other car I have JBL/Harmon Component and Co-axial speakers. They give very good sound.

thanks what about this pioneer ts-a935h and 1 most imp thing are these rockford ,alpine,mtx audio really far better than these pioneer,sony.etc thanks
Pioneer A935h are also good speakers, but they are oval speakers so they won't fit in your doors. For the doors you will need round, 6 inch speakers. If you want to fit the speakers in the rear parcel shelf the A935h is a good choice.

The high-end brands do give great sound quality, but usually work best with an amp. A standard head unit often cannot power these speakers sufficiently, which is why you would be safe sticking with a mid-range brand.

what shuold be kept in mind during buying speakers i mean what are these:
1.RMS 2.frequency response 3.sensitivity 4.impedance 5.which magnet and cone is good? thanks
RMS (Root Mean Square) power handling is a measure of the electrical power the speaker is able to handle continuously for a period of time. This should be no more than 75% higher than your stereo's RMS power output.

Peak power handling is a measure of the maximum electrical power a speaker can handle for brief intervals of time. As long as this is higher than the stereo's peak output, it will not make a huge difference to sound output.

Sensitivity measures how much sound (in decibels) is produced by a speaker when fed with 1W of electrical power and measured from 1m away. This gives a good idea of loudness, but not sound quality.

Impedance is the equivalent resistance of all of the speaker's components combined. Since you're using a stock HU, this should be 4 Ohms.

The strength of the magnet and stiffness of speaker cone can affect the nature of the sound produced by a speaker, but I would not worry about this too much in your case, no offense.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
thanks so shall i go with it Pioneer A935h and last question: should i remove my door speaker connections to get more clarity?

Top Bottom