Upgraded My Ritz with ICE To Next Level

Thread Starter #1
Hai friend i just want to share my installation of my New ICE installation with following components to cost spend was 30K...........[:D]

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Post pictures after installation please! !
Quote costs
I bought from snapdeal at best price

Sony XAV 712BT 2014 model for = Rs 23875
JBL 949 400W = Rs 3471
JBL 366 260W = Rs 1926

Total = Rs 29272

installation Labor = Rs 500
= Rs 29772

Attachments

Congrats for your ICE upgrade, I got the same GT6-S366 in all my 4 doors in my Ritz, They are excellent.

Please post some Pic of your HU - In Dash - In Action (Like folder browsing / Individual Song selection /BT etc)

Thread Starter #6
Final got time to post my ICE picture's fitted in my car get clarity compared to pioneer 8590 BT.[glasses]

Attachments

Great picture buddy. Btw do you have the installation pics? Also post the pics of the speakers. And how much installer took it install the ice?

Thread Starter #9
Great picture buddy. Btw do you have the installation pics? Also post the pics of the speakers. And how much installer took it install the ice?
Total installation was done as DIY. I fitted it in my home itself

I have all tools with me what ever needed.

Not much complicated wiring just very simple front doors are already wired.I have routed the rear speaker manually as wiring was provided in the JBL Speakers itself.

Two wooden ring = 150
Rear wooden plank = 450
Screws as required only for space ring fixing all other screws provided by JBL itself.

I bought from snapdeal at best price

Sony XAV 712BT 2014 model for = Rs 23875
JBL 949 400W = Rs 3471
JBL 366 260W = Rs 1926

Total = Rs 29272

installation Labor = Rs 500
= Rs 29772
Total installation was done as DIY. I fitted it in my home itself

I have all tools with me what ever needed.

Not much complicated wiring just very simple front doors are already wired.I have routed the rear speaker manually as wiring was provided in the JBL Speakers itself.

Two wooden ring = 150
Rear wooden plank = 450
Screws as required only for space ring fixing all other screws provided by JBL itself.
Golmaal :suspect: you paid to yourself or i missed something.

Thread Starter #11
Hello kannan.cnkr,

Did you install the USB cable / MHL cable / Mic for Phone which comes with this XAV 712 BT, where are they ?

Is it in the Glove Box ?

There is no Disc drive right, They why it shows in one of the picture ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Hello kannan.cnkr,

Did you install the USB cable / MHL cable / Mic for Phone which comes with this XAV 712 BT, where are they ?

Is it in the Glove Box ?

There is no Disc drive right, They why it shows in one of the picture ?
this is DVD player the front display unit will slant then disc will be ejected or inserted.

USB cable's one in the glove box and other near hand brake to add pen-drive and charger to it.

Right now my phone doesn't support MHL so planing to buy one by this year end.

Mic is fixed in A-pillar of driver side.

this is DVD player the front display unit will slant then disc will be ejected or inserted.

USB cable's one in the glove box and other near hand brake to add pen-drive and charger to it.

Right now my phone doesn't support MHL so planing to buy one by this year end.

Mic is fixed in A-pillar of driver side.
Sorry for Ignorance, as I completely newbie , but where is the DVD/CD slot ? There is nothing visible - Is it hidden in the Glove Box too ? Like separate unit like Audi / BMW ? OMG ! [surprise] [clap]

Also like to know why don't you choose XAV 612BT (cheaper) which is almost same with disc slot as well front panel USB. Though I agree 612BT is one inch small screen in size.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Sorry for Ignorance, as I completely newbie , but where is the DVD/CD slot ? There is nothing visible - Is it hidden in the Glove Box too ? Like separate unit like Audi / BMW ? OMG ! [surprise] [clap]

Also like to know why don't you choose XAV 612BT (cheaper) which is almost same with disc slot as well front panel USB. Though I agree 612BT is one inch small screen in size.
I have attached how the disc will inserted in the drive and 2 usb connector need to re arrange after my full modification complete's after get a good key less entry system.

Yes you are correct XAV 612 is cheaper but to this its 4k extra what i have installed in my car and i don't want to install separate monitor as this hatch back car can't load a roof display unit so 7" inch's will sufficient for view movies.

Also some member say Sony is waste not a good unit but as far i have compared with pioneer AV 8690BT, JVC, ken-wood the display clarity is awesome and touch response is quick in this unit so i preferred this one and audio quality is moderate output what is made to be in this HU 50X4 with JBL setup its performance is good too.[:D]

Dis advantage is you can't able to remove the display unit as it's fitted in the HU itself as compare to other models.

5 months gone still it working fine and 2 years warranty you can cover it in any Sony center in Chennai and Pioneer has warranty issue in India so it was my second preference.

Attachments

Top Bottom