ICE Setup For Bollywood Music at ~15K

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI!

> Your Car:
Alto 800 Lxi

> Budget Range:
~15k (with single-din HU)
~25k (If 2-din HU can be used for rear view parking camera)

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.)
Full Setup

> Preferred Brands (If any):
No idea!

> Preferred Music Genre:
Bollywood. New songs. Decent Bass would do. Sound Quality needed. Surround effect(would love music coming from all corners of the car)

> Existing Audio Setup:
None

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions:
Mostly 2 ppl in front but need surround sound. Already went through basic info on ICE

1. What speakers for front and rear? I read on TAI that component for front and coaxial for rear. Read good things about JBL,Polk and focal(Read good things about JBL-GTO but also read someone was saying that speakers should be >=4ohm). Again no idea whether 2-way or 3-way or ...

2. HU -> Single-din would do, but if double-din can be used for rear-view parking camera then i am willing to spend ~15k on HU only. But that leaves only ~10k for speakers.

3. Do i need sub and amp? My brother has only JVC HU and JBL front speakers(wagon r)...and i find it OK.

4. Is it advisable to buy these stuffs from snapdeal? I read in one of the snapdeal reviews that pioneer doesn't entertain warranty if bought online [confused]

5. If i fit rear speakers on parcel tray, then can i remove parcel tray if required(in case of more luggage)

Thanks TAI People :-)
- Rajya Vardhan

For Front, i read in TAI post that bigger speakers can't be fitted in door without modification and Kicker's 4" speakers in dashboard are good. Please comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
pioneer avh 169dvd. I bought my pioneer double din HU from snapdeal. They told that warranty is valid but till now never claimed it so no idea whether pioneer approves it or not. It has rear camera support.

Pioneer - AVH X169DVD - LCD Touchscreen DVD Player - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
you will get it for 12k after discount online.

now spekaers
go for hertz round speakers as your budget is little low

for rear door speakers
Hertz - ECX 130.5 - 2 Way Co Axials Speakers (Pair of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Hertz - DCX 170.3 - 6.5 Inch Deici Series 2-Way Coaxial Speakers (100 W) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

front components
Hertz - DSK 165.3 - 2 Way Component System - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

amplifier
Rockford Fosgate - Prime Series - R250-4 250 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

all will cost 28k. plus wiring.
you can first buy off speakers and later on amp and subwoofer if you require.

This setup will be best or your type of music choice.

Thread Starter #3
Thank you so much bro for taking out time and answering this query. Kudos to you [clap]

I have got few queries -
now spekaers
go for hertz round speakers as your budget is little low.
Qs. 1 - Are you recommending these speakers for front? Hertz - DSK 165.3 - 2 Way Component System - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Qs. 2 - Is it just 1 speaker or pair?
Qs. 3 - Would i be able to fit them in dashboard?

all will cost 28k. plus wiring.
Qs. 4 - Standard wiring that comes w/ speakers/amplifiers wouldn't do?
Qs. 5 - If not, could you please provide link to wiring kit?

you can first buy off speakers and later on amp and subwoofer if you require.
I am planning to buy amplifiers with speakers.
Qs. 6 - But would this amplifier take lot of space?
Qs. 7 - Do i need sub-woofer if i have these 4 speakers and amp?

Oh i totally forgot that you have alto.
There is one polk speaker which is 4 inch in size that should fit into dashboard. What size stock speakers are currently there in front. Speakers are always in pair.
You can put those components in rear then and mount their tweeter between front and backseats somewhere or wherever you prefer. But not in front.

If you are buying amplifier then you need two sets of 8 guage wire kit.
You can put amp under the sit if not you can mount it over wooden plank in boot.
For overall music experiance at least small sub is required.
For sub you can buy separate small 2 channel amplifier which is recommended or you can use the above same amp where 2 channel are used for sub and other 2 are for speakers but it will compromise speakers sound quality and loudness.

One set of wiring kit should cost you 1200 rs depending upon the brand it varies. Dont buy cheaper ones.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks Guys!

Car is Maruti Alto 800. Will get a parcel tray for rear speakers. It is Lxi model, it doesn't come with any stock HU/speakers.

So planning to do ICE setup in 2 phases: (Please advise if it makes sense?)

== Phase 1 ==
1. HU -> Pioneer - AVH X169DVD - LCD Touchscreen DVD Player (costly one as i need rear camera support as well)
2. Front speakers -> 4" Polk co-axial(could not find 4" comps in Polk) on Dashboard
3. Rear speakers -> I am confused b/w these 4 speakers:
Polk Audio - DB691 - 6X9 Inch 3 Way Co-axial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers)
Polk Audio - DB651 - 6.5 Inch Co-axial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers)
Polk Audio - DB401 - 4 Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers)
Polk Audio - DB521 - 5.25 Inch Co-axial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers)

Hopefully this good quality HU should be enough to power these 4 speakers?

== Phase 2 ==
1. Setup Amp below the front seat
Rockford Fosgate - Prime Series - R250-4 250 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
2. Setup a decent sub
3. Get good wirings

Does anyone know a good place for setting up ICE in HYDERABAD?

Last edited:
ya perfect setup.
dont buy oval speakers.
for rear Polk DB651 is best.

Parcel tray., make sure its made of MDF.
Dont play too loud that your speakers gets distortion , until you get an amp or otherwise you will ruin your speakers before only.

i think the amp you said wont be able to play 4 speakers and sub. so for sub you will be needing one more amp.. but its good that you are buying good things step by step. at the end you will be happy with your setup.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Neil...You have been very-very helpful.
1 last Qs. please...
Hopefully this HU should be enough to power these 4 speakers?

Top Bottom